Los Angeles Babies
Options

OB UCLA WESTWOOD?

Hi! New here just got the news today! Anyone have an OB rec at UCLA Westwood? Thanks!!

Re: OB UCLA WESTWOOD?

• Options
    audrhuraudrhur member
    edited September 2013
    CONGRATS!!!

-Do you want an OB or midwife? Because they have a kick-@$$ team of midwives; LOVE those ladies!

-What sort of birth/pre-natal experience are you looking for? Any specialty or are you high-risk? That would help narrow down the list of recommendations :)
  • Options
    I honestly don't know! I am not high risk and I think I plan to get an epidural. I don't know much about midwives. Obviously I have A LOT of research to do!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    "Business of Being Born" is a nice documentary to start (it's on Netflix) - it's definitely biased towards natural/midwife births, but it has good info for all. I didn't know much about midwives, epidurals, etc. when I started, but there's a ton of information out there. 

Midwives are experts at "normal" birth - low-risk pregnancies, etc. They prefer not to do medical interventions and are low-key caregivers. They can give Rx's, perform episiotomies & authorize inductions/epidurals - pretty much any medical procedure needed during birth except for a c-section. They're big on empowering women to give birth.

Good luck, feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :)
  • Options
    I had my first baby with the UCLA Midwives and it was a great experience. Minimal intervention, which was exactly what I wanted. I also had an amazing doula! Now, I'm pregnant with # 2 and going back to see them. The maternity section is was newly renovated a few years back and is really nice. The after care was great. Even the food was good. Good Luck to you!
  • Options
    2JEL2JEL member
    Can you comment more on the maternity section?  Are there guaranteed private rooms? Do they have bathtubs and/or couches for overnight guests?

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• Options
    emellanoemellano member
    edited May 2014
    The midwives at UCLA are awesome- as are the OBs. 

The rooms for delivery and for post-partum are private.

They have showers and couches. Last I checked, no baths, but don't quote me on that.
  • Options
    I see Dr parvataneni. He is great! Voted best doctor by his patients. He is very diligent, he comunicates directly with his patients via email. This I love because I don't have to explain my questions to his nurse or someone else and wait for an answer. He is very attentive and great at explaining everything, I never feel rushed during my visit and I don't wait for more than 15 minutes to be seen. If I have any concerns he is very proactive in getting tests done, he would rather be safe than sorry. This make me feel at ease.

hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"