North Carolina Babies

It Breaks My Heart

My office is right beside the lab! I just walked by and saw a man and lady enter with a carrier....my stomach dropped and I knew what was about to happen.

The baby is now screaming on the other side of the wall and I hate hearing it! Hurts my heart so much.....I remember so clearly having to bring AT up here for the same thing when he was 3 days old and I cried with him while the nurse pricked his foot.....poor baby. Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It Breaks My Heart

• Aww, that's so sad :(

We were at the pedi's one day and there was a little autistic boy in the room next to us and he was so upset.  He was getting his shots and kept saying "all done, all done" while they were doing it.  It was terrible to hear, but I know they weren't really hurting him.  It's still so sad to hear them upset like that though.  They said he wouldn't let them weigh or measure him.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • they had to redo j's PKU test at 2 weeks old.  ihad to hold him while he was screaming while they milked the blood from his heel.  it was terrible. 

and thet jaundice test at 3 days old was just as bad. 

• Loading the player...
  • It is awful to hear.

Brooks has started knowing that shots are coming at the Dr appts and he gets really upset even before they start. But it's over so quickly and he's back to normal.

The thing that has been the hardest for me is having his blood drawn. Rather than a typical finger vial for young children, he's had to have an actual antecubital vein stick and it was awful. I had to hold him and hold one arm down, a 2nd nurse had to hold the arm that they were sticking, and the third nurse did the stick. It was so so bad.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• The absolute worst was when Eli had to have chest xrays.  OMG, if they ever say he has to have those again I'll break down right then and there.  It was terrible, I have never seen him so upset.  They strap him down to a board, with his arms tight about his head, and there's about 4 straps holding him perfectly still, including one around his head.  Then they flip him on his side and he's just hanging there.  He screamed so bad, I thought he was going to stop breathing.  Then when it was over, they had to do it again b/c they didn't get good pics.  I will never, ever forget that.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh my gosh - I had forgotten about x-rays. Brooks just had those about a month ago and I wasn't allowed to go in with him since I'm pregnant, so my mom went in with him and as soon as they shut the door betweem him and me he started squaling and it was such a gut-wrenching sound.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• It is heartbreaking!! That's been the toughest with me going back to work...hearing the sick babies crying!! And it's even worse when I'm the nurse taking care of them!! Crying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"