September 2012 Moms
Options

Not talking as much

I know speech regression can be a sign of something to worry about, but can it also be normal? Bennett used to walk around saying mama and ball all day now I can't get him to say either. He babbles constantly and points and follows instructions, understanding what I say. Why the sudden refusal to talk? Could he just be working on other skills (like his new ability to climb furniture and jump off) or is this concerning? I would ask at his doctors appointment if we didn't just have it last week.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not talking as much

• Options
    I have noticed that Lexie does this too, usually in waves.  Sometimes she will attempt to repeat me all day long.  Other times, she doesn't have time to talk to me-she's a busy lady.

I assume its normal, I know she can still say it so she isn't "losing" her words. FWIW from another FTM.

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • Options
    KellersPragKellersPrag member
    edited September 2013
    Normal. They work on new things and temporarily drop old things. Then they get back to all the things.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is normal. Like Kellers mentioned, it was interesting and now they are working on something new.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yup. It came, went, came, then she quit talking at home but was a babble head at daycare.

Then the birthday toys arrived and she talks like crazy to this wooden sandwich set. If that gets put away, she works intensely without jibber jabber (you know, put this in here. Take it out. Move it here. Move it back).

Weird little critters, aren't they?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"