Baby Showers

Register for same item at both stores?

I'm beginning to slowly register for things.  I was planning on having two stores with a registry, Target and BRU.  My question is if I register for something large like pack and play at one store, should I register for one at the other store?  Even the smaller stuff-do I register for bed sheets at both stores or just one?  I know returns are easy, I'm not too worried about that, but I don't exactly what is over doing it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Register for same item at both stores?

• For the larger stuff (pack 'n' play, carrier) - I only registered for them at whichever was cheaper.  I registered for small stuff, like towels and blankets at both (where the difference in price was minimal) - I plan on taking them off the other registry if someone buys them for me on one.  If not, I'm sure I can return them, or I can never have too many :)
  • Thanks for the responses!  I recently was at a baby shower and both registries were nearly identical for each store which I thought was weird...I should know by now to go with my gut.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Why would you register for the same thing at two different stores?  Very confused.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I wasn't sure why, the duplicated items they listed had two completely different price points too. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• mabjcb19 said:

I wasn't sure why, the duplicated items they listed had two completely different price points too. 

Wait-- are you trying to register for the same thing at two different stores or is this someone else's registry?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I was registering and questioning if this is normal because the last baby shower I went to the couple had done this-with large ticket items.  Sorry to confuse.

BabyFruit Ticker

• mabjcb19 said:
    I was registering and questioning if this is normal because the last baby shower I went to the couple had done this-with large ticket items.  Sorry to confuse.

Ah!  Ok-- I wouldn't-- it's confusing to your guests.

If you want to register at two different stores-- that's totally fine.  You can use one of those sites like myregistry.com -- it will combine your registries into one list so that your guests can look at both in one spot and then shop from there.

GL!

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• No, registering for the same thing at two different stores is a recipe for getting duplicates, feeling awkward opening the second identical item, and making the gift givers feel embarrassed.  That is not a good idea.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am going to register at each store for the items I want, and then I made a "Universal Registry" on amazon where everything from both of my registries along with a few other websites that do not have registries.  That way everything is on one big list for those who would like to see it that way. Plus it allows me to keep track of everything I have registered for.  
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• I registered at Target and BRU, too, but I didn't duplicate anything. I had a list of things I needed to register for, then comparison-shopped and registered for each item wherever it was either cheaper or, if it was the same price, where it was available both in-store and online. For example, the ear thermometer was on the Target registry, but the covers were on the BRU registry. And I was a total maniac about updating them whenever we received a gift or purchased something on our own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"