July 2013 Moms
Options

AW: teeny, tiny, meaningless baby steps

We are still a ways from going home. It will take at least 2 weeks after we start feeds, and we are currently waiting to get rid of Luke's NG tube (draining excess stomach contents) before we can start feeding him. Trial runs of turning off the tube's suction have not gone well (copious amounts of projectile vomit). We're hoping to try again tomorrow, but for tonight we're celebrating this:

Today his doctor used the phrase "to prepare for discharge."

Discharge! Discharge = going HOME! Someday soon that will be a real thing for us!!!

(In related news: eff, I have sooo much cleaning to do....)
FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.

Re: AW: teeny, tiny, meaningless baby steps

• Options
    I am sure no one would say a word about a dirty house. You have been so strong for Luke you are amazing

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am sure no one would say a word about a dirty house. You have been so strong for Luke you are amazing

Oh, I'm not worried about people thinking my house is gross! But the NICU has converted me from someone who thinks eating dog hair is probably good for building the immune system into a total germaphobe. We got some cleanin' to do! (Or, more accurately, we need to call in a favor from grandma....)
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    So good to hear! Thinking of you and Luke often. Hugs momma!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Before we came home from the nicu grandma cleaned our house too! Grandmas are awesome! And baby steps are small but never meaningless! So happy to hear the word discharge.... For once. Ha ;) congrats on getting closer!
  • Options
    Yay! Such good news! Thinking of you guys and sweet baby Luke! Congrats on baby steps! That's awesome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yay so happy for you!!
  • Options
    Good news!! :)
  • Options
    Awe! I hope the feelings can start soon & going home is in reach! Congrats! No step is too small when it means your baby can come home! Go Luke!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Feedings* . JFC Autocorrect!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yeah!! Congrats. Lots of new adventures at home for Luke ;)

Bonus: 

• Options
    Aw yay! Glad to hear :)

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• Options
    mimi4347 said:
    Oh, I'm not worried about people thinking my house is gross! But the NICU has converted me from someone who thinks eating dog hair is probably good for building the immune system into a total germaphobe. We got some cleanin' to do! (Or, more accurately, we need to call in a favor from grandma....)
    We are all thinking of you and can't wait to see your little guy's coming home pic. And definitely call in a favor from grandma, you should not have to be cleaning right now!! When we first brought T home, I bought a group on for a house cleaning and it was awesome.
    mimi4347 said:

K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    Congrats. That must feel so, so good to hear!
  • Options
    What wonderful words to hear!
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    Congrats!! Getting closer and closer!
  • Options
    Awesome! I can't wait to read your going home post :)
  • Options
    Yay Luke! That's great.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"