Baby Showers

Our Second Shower

I just wanted to share our plans.  I know some believe that second showers aren't proper etiquette but here goes: We weren't sure about having a second shower but one day I was showing 2 year old DS a pic of his baby shower and remembered how excited everyone was and how it was a true celebration of his upcoming birth and then I knew that we would have one.  We are hosting the shower in 2 yr. DS' name and inviting his little friends and cousins along with their parents ofcourse at a play gym place that he loves.  We are not asking for presents but are going to register for those family members who are asking what they can get us.  I look forward to showing our new baby his baby shower pics too. 

Re: Our Second Shower

• Second shower, self-hosting, registering... I call MUD.
  • this doesn't make sense to me. ?that isn't a shower. ?why not just have DS host a "meet the baby" party after his sibling is born?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah- why are you calling this a "shower"?  Have it after the baby is born.  That makes more sense, to be honest.  For what you seem to want this to be. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I don't understand how it is a "celebration of baby" if the baby hasn't even been born yet (anything can happen).  I would have it be a "meet the baby" party after the baby is born.  Your whole family can host that way.   People will actually get to see the baby.  My DD had her first shower this way...after my grandson was born and people loved it.

• Ooops!  Post was cut short.  Not sure why, but I went on to explain that we will have it after the baby is born.  Sorry about the mixup, we call it baby shower where I am from.  I only heard of "sprinkle" today.  My point was that we are inviting guests in 2 yr old DS' name to celebrate with him the birth of his new sibling. 
  • Oh how I wish this was MUD...A two year old issuing invitations...

*clutches pearls* Nooooooooo!!!!

• Yikes.  If you were my friend, I would give you a baby gift, but would not attend this crazy shower-hosted-by the-2-year-old.  Ick, just ick.
  • Sorry to say, but putting it in your ds's name does not make it any less tacky.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Seriously?  Seriously???
    "I
  • My dog Elly is hosting my baby shower when I have one.  I have decided to have sandwiches, finger foods, etc., all in the shape of bones.  I think it's a really cute and unique idea, plus we will have "doggie bags" for the guests to take home.

My husband says I am weird, but I always tell him, "hey, you let her be my maid of honor!"

• imageJulieF:

My dog Elly is hosting my baby shower when I have one.  I have decided to have sandwiches, finger foods, etc., all in the shape of bones.  I think it's a really cute and unique idea, plus we will have "doggie bags" for the guests to take home.

My husband says I am weird, but I always tell him, "hey, you let her be my maid of honor!"

Julie, I have my issues with you on the other board, but this seriously cracked me up and may be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  

"I
  • Sounds to me like asking for gifts.  If you want to have a 2nd gathering b/c your family wants it, then do it after the baby comes.  Having a celebration of the baby hosted by a 2 year old BEFORE the baby arrives makes no sense.  If I ever got an invitation to something like that, I would laugh and immediately throw it in the trash. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"