March 2014 Moms

When people are mad you didn't tell them sooner..

Any advice for dealing with that one? We just announced on FB today, and it's pretty obvious that we have 2 friends who are either pissed or had their feelings hurt that we didn't tell them before everyone else. We didn't really tell a TON of people before FB (just family and very close friends), but we obviously didn't intend to hurt anyone in the process. Has this happened at all to you?
Pregnancy Tickerimage

Re: When people are mad you didn't tell them sooner..

• A simple congratulations is the only appropriate response here!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Happened a lot when we got engaged.  I never quite figured out how to handle it -- it's not really fair to you and you don't deserve that kind of pressure during this happy time.  Hopefully they will calm down and get over it with time.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Choose to ignore. 

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• I've got a 'friend' who has yet to congratulate us because I'm sure she's mad that I didn't tell her directly. I figure people who care about you will be happy for you no matter how they find out. Those who are more concerned with being told first or in a certain way need to get over themselves and realize its not about them. Sucks to deal with this. I was hurt at first but now I don't really care so much.
  • what the heck did we do before facebook?  i do not believe, for one second, that my parents took the time to CALL every person they knew to let them know a baby was on the way... if you weren't family or in someone's immediate circle of friends/coworkers, its likely you didn't find out until you saw the couple or got the birth announcement!

whom ever is mad at you needs to get over it!  Don't sweat it!

Pregnancy Ticker imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I had one friend who said she felt like they were the last to know (which they weren't at all).  They're really good friends of ours and actually how DH and I met.  I think people feel honored when you tell them and maybe read into it too much.  The problem with telling them was they had a baby about 2 weeks after we found out we were pregnant. SO we gave it a couple weeks before telling.
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • uh oh. I'm so nervous about this happening to us! we keep putting off telling on FB bc we keep thinking of new people that we should tell!
    imageimage
  • I would ignore it. No one has been too upset that they were not told first or told a while ago. We are officially going public with friends and fb this weekend and if anyone has a beef with us waiting or them finding out on fb, then oh well. We would like to tell as many people as we can in person, but it just isn't possible.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • I agree with other posters. Don't worry about it, it's a silly thing to get upset about and they should get over it soon. DH and I haven't told anyone yet... 
  • I guess if it was your BFFL then I could understand them being upset. But just a friend...get over it!
    I only told my parents with DD. let them tell/not tell anyone they wanted.

With DS, I told parents, siblings and my favourite Aunt at a breakfast out on the way to a mini vacation.

This time, no one is gonna know for another 2+ months. Not sure exactly who we will tell at that time.

I don't have a really close female friend, so I don't think anyone will be getting pissed at me.
  • I seriously don't even know how to respond to this. Tell them you're so sorry and inconsiderate that you didn't think of their feelings while dealing with the most personal experience of your life. People suck.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • I just announced on facebook and I'd thought my sister had told my mom's side of the family since she actually still lives near most of them.  Apparently she hadn't.  So I'm sure I'll get some Hrrmmmphs, but seriously, out of all of my second cousins, I think I knew about only 2 of them before I got a "Hey, by the way, we have a new baby!" like 3-4 months after he/she was born.  Or I'll get a holiday card with a picture of the newly expanded family on it and go "Huh, well, ok then".  So I really don't feel all that bad. 

"I can see light at the end of the tunnel, but I hope it's not another bastard with a torch holding more work."

"I don't always know what I'm talking about. I often don't know what I'm talking about. But it pisses me off when I do know what I'm talking about and people don't believe me."

Pregnancy Ticker      image

• It's about you and what you are comfortable with.

I plan to share with all my close college girl friends after the NT scan. I want to make sure they know, and DH will do the same with anyone else who hasn't been informed at this point.

The reality is, you will always forget somebody, and have somebody feeling left out, but they have share in the joy of the moment and be excited for you, not worried about the method in which they found out.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • They should get over themselves.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • I didn't tell my family or anyone until I was 12 w with DS. My mom was a little sad she didn't know sooner, but I had my reasons and she understood them. As for friends... They need to get over it. You don't have an obligation to tell anyone if you are ready to share.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"