July 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

Can we have some confessions today?  I think I need this!

 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!




 

«1

Re: FFFC

  • Options

    1. El is getting her shots this morning and since DH has off all week he is taking her.  I can't get the time off to go with them and I secretly think this is for the best.  I cry when my dog gets shots so I'm sure I would be a hot mess with El.  I would make it worse for everyone involved.

    2. We had to fill out day care paperwork and I purposely left MIL off of the approved pick up person list.  She's not reliable and I can't depend on her to be there at any specific time.  FFS, when we got married I told her the ceremony started an hour earlier than it actually did just to make sure she was there on time!

    3. I don't like the church DH's family goes too.  It makes me uncomfortable, but this is where DH wants to go.  I have a hard time sitting through an entire service.


     

    Baby girl #1 7/11/13

    Baby girl #2 4/30/15

    Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!




     

  • Loading the player...
  • Options

    Family member's baby shower for her ninth kid is this weekend. I'm not going. I went to the showers for her first and fifth kids. I get that all the stuff gets super worn down by this point and needs to be replaced but come on, how many showers can one person have?

    Who is throwing this lady 9 showers? Wow. I don't blame you at all, I would've stopped going after the first or second.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

    My confession is I always forget my damn confessions by Friday. I need to keep notes.

    Me too! I thought of a really good one on Tuesday but I can't remember it at all now.
  • Options
    I just discovered cradle cap on my LO yesterday and I'm ashamed.
  • Options
    Asbromle said:
    I just discovered cradle cap on my LO yesterday and I'm ashamed.
    Why would you be ashamed?  Cradle cap is really normal... Amanda had it halfway down her forehead until I scraped it off. :)

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

    Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

    BabyFetus Ticker

    image

  • Options


    Asbromle said:

    I just discovered cradle cap on my LO yesterday and I'm ashamed.

    Why would you be ashamed?  Cradle cap is really normal... Amanda had it halfway down her forehead until I scraped it off. :)



    I know :( but I just feel like he's a dirty little fella now. I put coconut oil on it and let it soake, brushed it and then bathed him and put a little more on. It's already looking better, I think. He looks like the 'smelly kid', lol.
  • Options
    NKaeding said:

    I judge the moms who don't trust their DH to care for their kid. Why would you have a child with someone who you don't think is capable? 


    My DH does things different than me, but that doesn't mean it's wrong or bad. 

    Parenting is a two-party game. You both agreed to have the kid; you both should care for the kid. 
    I'm guilty of this, judge away ;) I know it's bad but that's just the way things work in this house. I know my SO is capable but he works long hours and I'd rather him enjoy the baby when he's come...play with him etc. I don't mind doing the dirty work.
  • Options
    Also, please forgive my typos. I'm bumping and prepping dinner while holding LO. He's not interested in being worn at the moment, grr.
  • Options
    NKaeding said:
    I judge the moms who don't trust their DH to care for their kid. Why would you have a child with someone who you don't think is capable? 

    My DH does things different than me, but that doesn't mean it's wrong or bad. 

    Parenting is a two-party game. You both agreed to have the kid; you both should care for the kid. 
    I don't judge these moms, but I smh at them. But if it works for their household, then who am I to have an opinion about it? It can't fly in my house because I require a break so DH has to learn how to care for LO. 
                                   






     
                                 
            image
                                          
                                                                         
  • Options
    Asbromle said:

    NKaeding said:

    I judge the moms who don't trust their DH to care for their kid. Why would you have a child with someone who you don't think is capable? 


    My DH does things different than me, but that doesn't mean it's wrong or bad. 

    Parenting is a two-party game. You both agreed to have the kid; you both should care for the kid. 
    I'm guilty of this, judge away ;) I know it's bad but that's just the way things work in this house. I know my SO is capable but he works long hours and I'd rather him enjoy the baby when he's come...play with him etc. I don't mind doing the dirty work.
    Same here, I would much rather they got to completely relax & enjoy eachother with what little time they have.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My confession is when DH falls asleep on the couch, I don't wake him up because I don't want him in the bed. :-< LO co sleeps and DH snores really loudly and we have only have a queen-sized bed so it's crowded. I feel bad for this and know we need to get her out of the bed.
                                   






     
                                 
            image
                                          
                                                                         
  • Options
    I recently discovered that Jerry Springer is still on tv and I watch it a little more regularly than I'd like to admit.
  • Options
    I get really stressed out when DS doesn't nap as well or eat as well as I think he should. I need to relax. Everything will not happen perfectly all the time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    KikiCohen said:
    I recently discovered that Jerry Springer is still on tv and I watch it a little more regularly than I'd like to admit.
    I did this with Maury when I was on ML.

     

    Baby girl #1 7/11/13

    Baby girl #2 4/30/15

    Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!




     

  • Options
    Another shower one.  My friends shower, first she labeled it a sprinkle but changed it, is Sunday I'm not going...  for one she still has all her big ticket items from her son who is 17 months everything is gender neutral, two she put on the invites what NOT to get....   No....  Third, she throwing it herself!  Nope nope nope not going....
    So.much.tacky. in one post.
    This is pretty tacky. I'm that friend who wouldn't hesitate to kindly tell her. 
                                   






     
                                 
            image
                                          
                                                                         
  • Options
    Fayga said:

    Another shower one.  My friends shower, first she labeled it a sprinkle but changed it, is Sunday I'm not going...  for one she still has all her big ticket items from her son who is 17 months everything is gender neutral, two she put on the invites what NOT to get....   No....  Third, she throwing it herself!  Nope nope nope not going....

    I went to a shower last Sunday for my SO's sister. This will be her 5th, this baby's an oops and I don't care that she got rid of everything, not my problem. I still went to the shower with a gift to keep the peace.
  • Options
    @NKaeding While I see your point, a lot of these control issues stem from some underlying anxiety. I can't judge someone for having an anxiety disorder or PPA.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

     

     

  • Options
    I worry that my SO is a better parent than me. He is so calm and laid back when it comes to DS, I wish I was more like him. I am thankful I have him to bring me back down to earth when I worry about stuff that is not that important ( the latest being that I couldn't find pants to match his onsie, I admit I'm a bit looney.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker



  • Options
    I've been sleeping on a double bed in the nursery since lo was born to facilitate ebf. Now that lo is sleeping longer stretches, I haven't moved back to sleeping w dh. It's been hot and he sweats a lot and I don't want to deal with the stink. Plus, I like my early morning cuddles with the baby.
    image
  • Options
    I don't know what SMH and FTW mean! Is FTW for the win? I'm an Internets Idiot!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stina2012 said:
    I don't know what SMH and FTW mean! Is FTW for the win? I'm an Internets Idiot!

    I just learned that SMH means Shakes my head.  No idea about FTW!

     

    Baby girl #1 7/11/13

    Baby girl #2 4/30/15

    Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!




     

  • Options
    I am looking forward to going back to work.  I know once I am there, I will be crying and wish I could stay home, but right now, I need adult conversations.  And more drama than One Tree Hill can offer (as horrible as it is, our office is always full of drama and I miss it) . 

    I also think that my DS is so much cuter than a friend of mines DS.  
    Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

    DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got irrationally upset the other day about the 'no' rsvps to Li's birthday party. I took it as the mothers not liking me and I felt bad for Li. I ugly cried.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

    image

  • Options


    Asbromle said:


    Asbromle said:

    I just discovered cradle cap on my LO yesterday and I'm ashamed.

    Why would you be ashamed?  Cradle cap is really normal... Amanda had it halfway down her forehead until I scraped it off. :)

    I know :( but I just feel like he's a dirty little fella now. I put coconut oil on it and let it soake, brushed it and then bathed him and put a little more on. It's already looking better, I think. He looks like the 'smelly kid', lol.

    Audrey's umbilical cord took a good 3 weeks to fall off so during that time I was giving her sponge baths. For a couple of days she smelled awful. Like dour milk and I could not for the life of me find where it was coming from. DH finally went and investigated since I was freaking out and was convinced she had thrush or something worse was going on. He lifted up her arm pit and there was a ton of dried up formula in her little arm pit crevasse... So don't worry about your LO being the smelly kid because mine takes the cake on that. It was gross. 

    My confession, I suck at bathing my kid. 



    Pit cheese!!!!
  • Options
    EagleWife said:
    Asbromle said:
    Asbromle said:
    I just discovered cradle cap on my LO yesterday and I'm ashamed.
    Why would you be ashamed?  Cradle cap is really normal... Amanda had it halfway down her forehead until I scraped it off. :)
    I know :( but I just feel like he's a dirty little fella now. I put coconut oil on it and let it soake, brushed it and then bathed him and put a little more on. It's already looking better, I think. He looks like the 'smelly kid', lol.
    Audrey's umbilical cord took a good 3 weeks to fall off so during that time I was giving her sponge baths. For a couple of days she smelled awful. Like dour milk and I could not for the life of me find where it was coming from. DH finally went and investigated since I was freaking out and was convinced she had thrush or something worse was going on. He lifted up her arm pit and there was a ton of dried up formula in her little arm pit crevasse... So don't worry about your LO being the smelly kid because mine takes the cake on that. It was gross. 

    My confession, I suck at bathing my kid. 

    Pit cheese!!!!

    I hate giving baths, DH does it.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

    image

  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Asbromle said:

    I think it's a cop out to say you want to let your DH to just relax when he gets home from work. What if it was the other way around and he stayed home while you worked? Are you telling me that you wouldn't take care of your child and "do the dirty work" when you got home? Just because the husband works outside the home doesn't mean he doesn't have to pull his weight when he gets home.

    I work outside the home while DH stays home with our children. He works hard all day. So do I but it's a different type of work. However, since parenting is a tag team effort I come home and do a lot of the childcare.

    That is a ridiculous argument to me and you are just letting him get away with not helping.

     

    You're entitled to your thoughts. But I feel like if my SO is out busting his ass for our retirement, family vacations, college funds, vehicles, bills and several mortgages then he's free to have a nice relaxing home to come back to each eve. I'll do the 'dirty work'so he can enjoy the couple hours he gets to see his son in a day. Just because he doesn't change diapers, wake up in the MOTN, put LO to bed on his own and bathe him each day doesn't mean he isn't there while I'm doing it. He has an important job and so do I. We both contribute to our life togethet equally in different ways. No cop out here.

    When the breadwinner busts their ass to take care of the family, it's nice to give them a break and let them just enjoy the child. Besides, the other parent gets a break when the outside-working parent is spending time with the child. It's all about what works for each family, and while it may not work for you, it may work for them, and that's okay. Besides marriage and parenting is not about "keeping score" or trying to figure out who does more work whether or not it is inside or outside the home. It is a team effort, but if one side gives a little bit more effort sometimes, it shouldn't be a dealbreaker. It shouldn't be tit for tat but I do think that when both parties are respectful of the other's role (inside or outside the home) then in the end, it all evens out, even if it doesn't appear that way at first glance.

    Edited: to fix who I agreed with. I put the wrong name at first.

    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Asbromle said:

    Meimsx said:

    I think it's a cop out to say you want to let your DH to just relax when he gets home from work. What if it was the other way around and he stayed home while you worked? Are you telling me that you wouldn't take care of your child and "do the dirty work" when you got home? Just because the husband works outside the home doesn't mean he doesn't have to pull his weight when he gets home.

    I work outside the home while DH stays home with our children. He works hard all day. So do I but it's a different type of work. However, since parenting is a tag team effort I come home and do a lot of the childcare.

    That is a ridiculous argument to me and you are just letting him get away with not helping.

     

    You're entitled to your thoughts. But I feel like if my SO is out busting his ass for our retirement, family vacations, college funds, vehicles, bills and several mortgages then he's free to have a nice relaxing home to come back to each eve. I'll do the 'dirty work'so he can enjoy the couple hours he gets to see his son in a day. Just because he doesn't change diapers, wake up in the MOTN, put LO to bed on his own and bathe him each day doesn't mean he isn't there while I'm doing it. He has an important job and so do I. We both contribute to our life togethet equally in different ways. No cop out here.
    Sorry, sister, still not feeling it. But you do you for you and yours.
    I mean, when dh gets home, I don't just walk away and have him take over. But I do get a "lunch break". Or he'll change the diaper for me before I do a feeding. 24/7 kid care? No thank you.

  • Options
    @ceechie I do get a break to eat or shower, etc. When my SO is spending time with our LO. Just because he doesn't change diapers, feed LO, wake up at night etc doesn't mean I don't get a 'lunch break'.
  • Options
    Meimsx said:

    I think I'm going to bring up this novel idea of not doing anything when I get home and see what my husband says about that. It should go over really well.

    Rude. Go for it.
  • Options
    Asbromle said:
    I think I'm going to bring up this novel idea of not doing anything when I get home and see what my husband says about that. It should go over really well.
    Rude. Go for it.

    I just can't believe you don't see the hypocrisy of it. But if that's how you want to run your house then good for you. I personally think parenting is a team effort and while playing with your child is good that's not all there is to it and it doesn't seem like he has to do any of the other stuff. Why? Because he works outside of the home? It's like I'm living in the 50's or something.


     



    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

    I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

    Meimsx no more
  • Options

    When DH gets home, thats my time for a long break and his time to parent and bond with LO. My break might be spending time with them doing baby things but it also might be doing whatever I want.

    All of this.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"