October 2013 Moms
Options

FTMs - proof you will be blinded by love...

I always knew that not all babies are cute and that newborns can be pretty funny looking. But when I saw DD for the first time I was so happy that I was one of the lucky ones that had a gorgeous baby! I vividly remember staring at her and thinking how incredibly beautiful and perfect she was.... I was just scrolling through my old photos....yeah, not how i remember her looking! So, FTMs, yes your baby is going to be amazing and precious, but those mommy goggles are powerful!

FTR, I still think she is gorgeous and her NB photos are amazing, but this photo isn't exactly something to ooh and ahh over!

Re: FTMs - proof you will be blinded by love...

• Options
    Haha oh my the best cheeks ever!
  • Options
    Looking back, it took a few days before she started looking really beautiful and she started growing into those cheeks!

Now she is the most beautiful kid ever! That is the truth, definitely not mommy goggles talking...just ask DH!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahahaha I totally agree and looking back at his hospital picture he was pretty narly looking the first few days ( here's a pic lol)
  • Options
    I don't have any pics on this computer.  But I remember feeling the same way.  DS was long and scrawny he had lost a bunch of weight right before birth.  I have this one pic where he looks exactly like Benjamin Button.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Options
    DS had a little cone head when he was born.  LOL He looked like a little old grandpa. 

• Options
    haha! I totally went back and looked at DD1s pictures a few weeks ago. She looked like jabba the hut! We thought she was just the most beautiful thing ever. It's pretty hilarious how much you are blinded.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    Yup so true. I thought the same thing and now when I look back I don't quite feel the same... She was a bit swollen, was missing all of the skin off of the top of her head (vacuum delivery), and was so fat. lol She's beautiful now so it doesn't matter though ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    :) nope nope nope... I still think dd was the prettiest baby ever. I love seeing all these baby pictures!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Options
    the cone head....I'll never forget looking at the pictures from the hospital several weeks later and being all like "He had a cone head?!?" I never noticed it....ha!
    Due October 29
  • Options
    This is so true. I still think DS was cute, but not nearly as beautiful as I thought he was. He got much cuter after about 4 months.

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Options
    DD1 was beautiful to me at the time but I was looking at pictures a few weeks ago and realized she really wasn't. She was huge and chubby. But she definitely is beautiful now.

DD2 was an old lady baby. But she is pretty cute now.

Definitely wondering what DD3 is going to look like.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options
    Same here!

I thought DS was the most beautiful child ever born! Looking back he was a chunk and very jaundice!! He got cute by the first week and his newborn pics, and in my eyes is still a beautiful child!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I still think my sweet DD1 was beautiful when she was born.

But not as cute at her newborn photo session. I'm going to blame is on bad posing. Check out her cheekies and chin!
  • Options
    When my sister was born my mom actually looked at her and said she looks like a rat.... hopefully she'll get better looking as she ages.... I don't have any pics though. 

• Options
    omg @ dh13 & carriet2018. I have pics of FI and also worry.
    Plus we are mixing some gene pools that I believe have yet to mix in history, so it really is a toss up what this child will look like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD looked like a perfect little baby doll and I still think she is gorgeous.image

BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Options
    DS could have basically been a newborn model :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My LO#1 looked like an alien.  For real.  Loved him anyway even though I didn't think he was cute.
    DS/LO #1: Born March 2012 DS/LO #2: On his way! Due October 2013 image
  • Options
    Ahh so fun looking at all these squishy babies. DD was just as beautiful as I remember. The first is in the hospital, the second was at 2 weeks old.

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"