July 2013 Moms
Options

Have you tasted your own breast milk?

For those of you breast feeding...just curious if you thought about or if you actually have tasted your own breast milk? I haven't but am curious to know what my baby has been eating the past 8 weeks, haha. And if you have tasted it, have you convinced your DH to try it??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers

Re: Have you tasted your own breast milk?

• Options
    I have not, but am curious also.  I don't think I ever will though!  I don't like milk as it is, let alone warm milk! 
  • Options
    Lol the other day after I got out of the shower I didn't realize I was leaking all over the place and had some on my hand since I hadn't dried off yet, well I hit myself or something and put my finger in my mouth and accidentally tasted it! It tasted like sweet condensed milk lol, nothing like regular milk. No wonder she always wants to be on the boob lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. Just this week. It is pleasant tasting. Dh hasn't yet, but I think he might.
  • Options
    I haven't, DH has.
  • Options
    Hah, I tasted it for the first time when it got all over my hand! It basically just tastes sweet.
  • Options
    Back when I was lactating I dared DH to try it.  He didn't and I heckled him.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    Yeah, I've licked a spilled drop or two off myself.  It's really, really sweet.  Way more sugary than cow's milk.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Yep, I've tasted mine but my SO hasn't.  I'm sure he would though...I mean why not, lol.  It does taste sweet :)
  • Options
    I'm not breastfeeding anymore, but when i was DH tried it before i did. It tasted like sweet water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I touched my tongue to it and it is sweet! It wasn't hard to talk my H into trying it too. He was curious lol.
  • Options
    My SO tried it as soon as my milk came in and then convinced me too...Add us to the weirdo list :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    It tastes like watered down vanilla milkshake. DH said he would try it when I was pg w/DD1 bit he never did.

• Options
    Definitely have!! DH refuses and thinks I'm a total weirdo!!
  • Options
    We both have tasted it. Like a drop or two out of the bottle to make sure it's not too hot.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yep I have, sweet watery milk. I wanted to make sure it was fine after being frozen
  • Options
    My husband and I have both tried it. It's not bad; like everyone else said, it's sweet tasting. I even dared my younger sister to taste it, and she did, haha.
  • Options
    I tasted it the day it came in, and so did my DH. I tasted my frozen/thawed milk this morning to make sure it's ok...definitely didn't taste as good but wasn't exactly bad, either. Fresh was way sweeter.

• Options
    Yep Ive tried it. It tastes a lot better than my colostrum did.

My husband would probably think its weird, I'll ask him when he gets home tonight.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't care for milk so I haven't but DH has a few times and thinks it tastes great. Which is a bit weird. What I find really funny is that DD doesn't want to have anything to do with it when it's pumped. She looks at me like I'm an alien. I find this very funny because she was BF until 18 months which is less than a year ago.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    no I have never tried it and this is my third baby. this is my first baby I have tried pumping with, I was shocked with how warm the milk is. my husband says it tastes sweet.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    I've tried it and I even let DS3 try a sip out if the bottle when I first started pumping. He was curious about it and not making a big deal about it curtailed his curiosity. SO is weird and finds it kind of erotic, so he's tried some straight from the tap in bed before I told him to cut the sh!t.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Definitely have!! DH refuses and thinks I'm a total weirdo!!

Same here!
  • Options
    I don't understand that ick factor some people have. It's human milk for HUMAN consumption. Unlike cows milk which is specifically designed to feed COWS. The only reason I haven't tried it is because I don't care for milk. But that's cows milk. So I bet it tastes completely different. If we are comfortable feeding this milk to our child then why is it so weird to consume it ourselves? I just don't get it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Yes! i tasted pretty much everything i put in DD's mouth including breastmilk, formula, teething tablets, etc...

breastmilk tastes like sugar water to me!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I tried it for the first time this week since we were introducing a bottle using freezer milk and I wanted to make sure it tasted ok. Highly doubt I would ever convince DH to try it.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    We've both tasted it. We wanted to make sure it was still good (on separate occasions).
  • Options
    No we never have.
  • Options
    When it drips on my hand or arm I always just lick it off. DH tasted it with li. When you warm a bottle and test it on your hand, it's easier to just lick it off.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    I just had a bit this morning on a clean palate. I didnt expect the sweetness that I tasted.. Then i thought i was eating way too many m&ms and oreos! Its good to know its usually sweet!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I did. Wasn't a big deal to me. Not like I'm drinking it...just tasted it.

Bonus: 

• Options

Exactly. It's not like I'm pouring it on my cereal. Lol
  • Options

Exactly. It's not like I'm pouring it on my cereal. Lol
    Haha, I guess that would solve my dairy problem. Stop using cows milk and just pump extra for coffee.
  • Options
    Fayga said:

It's funny DH said the whole pregnancy he wanted to try it...7 weeks later he hasn't...  but that might be my fault, every time he said that I told him no it's for the baby...Lol.  I did accidentally taste sweet.  I knew I was.. Haha!

My DH said the same thing but when put to the test always has an excuse not to :). I've sort of tasted mine, but only little drops not like a big sip or anything.
  • Options
    DH tried it before I did! I agree with a previous poster, it tastes sweet.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes, we both have. I thought we were weird, but looks like a lot of us have :)
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"