July 2013 Moms
Options

When to transition?!

Advice is needed here! 

Ellie has been sleeping through the night for about the last 2 weeks.  We usually get her to sleep around 10 and she'll sleep until 6:30 ish.  She sleeps in the PNP next to our bed, but I'm wondering if this might be the time to start transitioning her to her crib.  Here's the panic and anxiety inducing problem with that: Our Master is on the second floor of our house and her room is on the first floor (we have a remodeled 1920's house that has a weird floor plan-basically the entire 2nd floor is the master suite).  Although she sleeps soundly through the night and never makes noises that wake me I'm SO nervous about her being all the way downstairs all night.

Thoughts?  Opinions?  Advice?

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

Re: When to transition?!

• Options
    I would have anxiety about her being down there alone as well. But I'm assuming you are going to put her down there eventually, so why not sooner than later?  I wouldn't wait too much longer to put her in her crib, or else it might be that much harder for her to adjust.  Maybe start with nap time in the crib for a week, then putting her down in the crib at night.  We just put our daughter in the crib last night as well after sleeping in our room in her packnplay.  She actually slept LONGER in her crib!  7 1/2 hours!! Normally, she only sleeps 4-5 hour stretches lol! 
  • Options

It might sound dumb, but it is comforting that our dog sleeps downstairs.  He usually sleeps in the living room right next to her room.  I want to get a video monitor though first.  I do think that if I didn't have the video monitor that I would wake up in the middle of the night and go check on her.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice here, my LO is still in my bed with me :)  I do hope the transition is easy for you all and I can understand the anxiety of her being on the first floor, it would bother me too.
  • Options
    I have the same layout. We moved DD1 at 3m bc she was a grunter and I wasn't sleeping well. If she didn't she would have with us for probably 6m.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    I would go for the transition after you get the video monitor. We have one, and it gave me a lot of peace of mind when we did the transition to his own room this week.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    The video monitor might ease some of your anxiety. I would wait until you get that. Good luck!
    photo 3dcc1df8-8755-401b-b56e-15712e9fb0c0_zps92b14273.jpg
    Matteo 08/02/2011 Cruz 06/19/2013

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Definitely agree about getting the monitor first. My LO has done really well in the crib. I started off doing naps in there the week before so she cos get use to it and I put one of my shirts under her head so she has my smell close to her still. She's eliminated her second wake up since starting in the crib and only wakes up once now.
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have an older house set up the same way. And I'm not sure when I'm going to move Tyler down to his room. It seems so far away when I'm used to him being right next to me. I think I'm going to get a video monitor first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"