Cloth Diapering
Options

Tried a disposable..

Definitely not impressed.

We were made a diaper cake for mr shower. So we have a lot of size 2 huggies. We haven't used disposables since the hospital... I don't know why I just thought I'd give these a whirl... You know since its the "normal" thing to do.

And yuck just yuck. Those gel beads squishiness gives me the hebejebes!! I promptly switched back to cloth and will give the rest away!

Re: Tried a disposable..

• Options
    Yeah, that hard lump the dipe turns into when it's wet is so weird
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are plenty of charities desperate for diapers. I imagine most of them don't mind if they're without the package. I know my food bank would take them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not a fan of disposables at all. Even before cloth when I would watch my nieces I always found them really unpleasant. We're taking a long trip by plane soon, and I'm trying to figure out if there's any possible way to use cloth still.

Granted, it's been a really long time since we've used one at all, so if I do have to use them again it will hopefully be less unpleasant than I remember.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    I hate most disposables. However, I do like the 7th Gen ones. We use them occasionally.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Eh I love Cloth diapering, but a good sposie is not bad at all.  I don't like what they do to my wallet or the environment, but pampers swaddlers sensitive do the job, also seventh generation.  For me, they just aren't cute, natural, cost effective, or environmentally good.  I have never had a sposie leak on me.  And the only time I've seen the gel beads (Which are nasty) is when I brought my son in a pool with one.  Don't do that, it doesn't end well. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    They smell really bad and leak poop. Keep that in mind going in and you should do ok, ITK. ETA and pee. Not just poop.

Lol oh gee thanks. Last time we used them they did exactly that. They also gave her a really bad rash, I don't know if it was a heat rash or a sensitivity or what.

I'm really trying to figure a way to make cloth work, but figured I'd go with seventh gen or honest company to cut back on any possible sensitivity issue. I just don't like messing with the unknown, especially while I'm away from home, ugh.

Although at least she's got totally solid poop, so we shouldn't have a problem with that leaking.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    @ABColeslaw do the seventh gen have the gel beads? That's what grossed me out the most.
  • Options
    I don't think they do, I have never gotten them wet enough to tell though. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    they do. I don't believe there are any entirely SAP free disposables on the market at the moment, but I may be wrong if something came out or changed recently. 
  • Options
    7th Gen I thought were made of wood pulp? They don't goo like Huggies or Pampers when wet, they're more like a sponge inside.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Target disposables aren't as gross, either. A friend made a motorcycle diaper thing with a stuffed animal riding it (it was adorable) for my shower out of Up&Up brand diapers, and they don't have the nasty chemical-y smell and feel to them compared to the big brands.

Eta: can't type

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am not a fan of disposables at all. Even before cloth when I would watch my nieces I always found them really unpleasant. We're taking a long trip by plane soon, and I'm trying to figure out if there's any possible way to use cloth still.

Granted, it's been a really long time since we've used one at all, so if I do have to use them again it will hopefully be less unpleasant than I remember.
    @Into-the-Kitty have you thought about Grovia Biosoakers?  We just used them on a five day trip to my parents.  I knew my dad would have a hard time with me washing poop in his machine and I didn't want to save up more than a day and half (since we have double with twins) of diapers to be able to wash them at my mom's. 

They are pretty great and we didn't have *many* issues.  Since I had never used them before it took me a couple of changes to get it down.  Also, my babes are still too small for the OS Grovia Shells so I used the Biosoakers in our Bummis Super Brite covers. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"