North Carolina Babies
Options

**lah**

How's everything going with Ashley? ?Last I recall reading, she had started making progress with crawling so you might not have to take her to physical ?therapy. ?I hope it's going well for her and making progress with crawling/walking without needing the PT! ?:)
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **lah**

• Options

You are so sweet to ask!! She has made a lot of great progress, she will now walk just holding one of my hands, she is cruising around all the furniture and she will walk on her own pushing a little walker. But she still won't take any independent steps, when I let go of her hand, she plops down.

But we have noticed within the past week that she turns her left foot out when she walks and sort of walks on the inside of her foot (I will take her sock off after she is walking and her foot is red). So I am pretty worried about that. She has her 18 month check up next week and I am pretty sure the pedi will recommend we take her to a PT to check it out, she may need to wear a special shoe or brace. Or it may fix itself on its own, but we don't think it will. It does not seem to hurt her, but I know it is not good for her foot or her ankle to continue to walk like that :(

• Options
    Oh no -- So sorry to hear about her foot/ankle. That doesn't sound fun at all. I bet it is something that they can fix fairly easily with a brace or shoe. And if that is the issue, then I bet she will start to walk more independantly soon after. Sounds like she is making good progress anyway though with cruising and such. That's so exciting and I know you are super proud of her!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear she's making great progress!! YAY Ashley. ?I hope the foot issue is an easy fix. ?My brother had something similar when he was lilttle -- he had to just put an "orthodic" (sp?) in his shoe to correct it. ?Fixed it in no time! ?I hope they have an easy solution for her when at her next appointment -- hopefully, its just something that will correct itself with time!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much! I am hoping it is an easy fix, it may be that her ankle is not very strong, I am not sure. My sister had to wear orthodics (sp?) in her shoes too when she was little, so I wonder if it is hereditary. I am looking forward to her appointment next week to get more information.

Racey, I love the new siggy pic :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"