Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Diaper Service Costs?

I was bored and decided to google "Dayton + cloth diapers." Who would have ever known there was a diaper service around here?!?! I've lived here all my life and never heard we had one! I'm not interested in trying it, as they only use prefolds and WonderWraps, but it says it's $14 a week. That seems expensive to me. Just curious what it costs in other areas.

Re: Diaper Service Costs?

• Options
    That's not bad - the only diaper service around here that I know of is $20 per week, with a $30 set up fee.  You get discounts for multiple children, but still not $14 a week.  Either way - I'm sticking with the good ol' wash it yourself method. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well the start up is first and last months deposit, so that would be a little over $100. But it still says they suggest you purchase 4-5 covers on your own and then they only supply like 7 doublers a week (my kid would probabyl need like all 7 of them to get him through one night) and then anything else you may need like wool or fleece covers and snappis. So really....doesn't seem like any kind of deal to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, diaper services don't seem like much of a deal to me. I totally don't mind washing our own though (especially to save that kind of money!).
    Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image
  • Options

I think the one in Sinneapolis/St. Paul closed alst year, but it worked out to pretty close to the cost of sposies.  So I am not sure why you would do it.

Now we have an awesome service that loans out CD's for people interested in trying it, but wary of the initial investment.  I think that is a much better service!  (It is called teeny greenies if anyone wants to google it).

• Options
    I saw a site the other day for a svc in ny -- $32 per week. I yhink I'm in the wrong biz!!
  • Options
    Around here it's $17/$18 per week for 80 diapers.
  • Options
    I was researching ones in Austin and they are between 60 and 75 a month. I'd rather just wash my own diapers when the time comes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"