July 2013 Moms
Options

It worked! PIP

So last night DH made Aubrey a doughnut like she had in the hospital bed to try to get her to stay asleep in the crib. It didn't work the first time, but she gets really fussy at night. She fell asleep in her swing for 4 hours and then I put her in it dead asleep right after her MOTN feed. She slept in her crib for 3 hours! I wanted to include a pic in case others wanted to try. Swaddling doesn't work for her and last time I tried the pillow under the mattress thing, she rolled herself over.
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: It worked! PIP

• Options
    Looks comfortable. I assume if the hospital did it...that it's safe? I guess it should be until she can roll and what not.
  • Options
    No comment on the bed (Amanda likes the swaddle, so she's good at bedtime), but holy schnikies, your baby has a lot of hair!  Mine has an awful old man skullet.  I'm so jealous. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Asbromle said:

Looks comfortable. I assume if the hospital did it...that it's safe? I guess it should be until she can roll and what not.

That was my exact thinking. When we put her in we make sure that her head is aligned with the top of the towel so that if she turns her head, there's nothing there. Would also like to try it tonight with the elevated mattress.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I wonder if like a pool noodle could work as the donut part? Just another idea! Glad she's sleeping better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No comment on the bed (Amanda likes the swaddle, so she's good at bedtime), but holy schnikies, your baby has a lot of hair!  Mine has an awful old man skullet.  I'm so jealous. :)

Yea, she was born with it, too! She loves to play with it. She kind of is in the pic. She runs her hand through it and kind of twirls it around her fingers. It's the cutest thing!

View Full Size Image

• Options
    What a cutie!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She's adorable! :) glad you found something that works! Was that setup in the little "baby basin" at the hospital?
  • Options
    EagleWife said:

She's adorable! :) glad you found something that works!
    Was that setup in the little "baby basin" at the hospital?

Yea, and it was amazing! She would fall asleep as soon as you put her in it. Of course, I think part of it was from the IV/exhaustion from the whole experience but still.

View Full Size Image

• Options

So I feel kind of silly asking but how did you make it? Is it a towel rolled in a 'U' with a receiving blanket on top?

Yup!

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"