Working Moms

XP: Any Mom's of 3 or more?? Advice needed!

So DH and I had a little scare last month and thought we may be PG again- we aren't. It did get me thinking of having another though. We had always settled at 2, and I am very happy with 2, but something makes me think that there is 1 final baby for us. On the other hand I work full time, so does DH, and I don't know how I could afford the daycare costs for 3. I guess I am just looking for advice on how Mom's of 3+ do it, and maybe to knock some sense into me that 2 is enough - or is it???

Re: XP: Any Mom's of 3 or more?? Advice needed!

• We are on our way to 2 but plan to have 3 (maybe more - yikes!) and we both plan to work.  We know it will be tough but we really want a big family.  I've worked with really successful women who have 3 and 4 kids so hopefully we can make it work.  I think by the time we have a 3rd, we will have to consider something other than daycare although I know that we will only have to pay for 3 kids for a year or two and then our oldest would be in school.  The logistics of it scare me the most, but if we need to, we will get a nanny or au pair that drives to help us.  That is what the women I worked with did. 
  • I'm a teacher and I have twins in my class.  They have a brother in preschool and mom is pg.  They have a babysitter that picks up a couple times a week for playdates and special activities.  They're a wonderful family but always super busy.  If you have the money it can be done.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have three yet but will in March.  The way I see it, having twins was such a shock in all sorts of ways that one more just can't be that dramatic!  I'm hoping I'm not wrong about his by the way.  Wink

I work full time now and will work at least 35 hours a week after the baby comes.  All three will be in daycare which will be expensive but it is what it is you know?

If you are feeling that tug at your heart to have another then you should!  As long as you can find a way to make it work I say go for it!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"