December 2012 Moms

Thank you!

I was reading the post about day care and just wanted to say thank you to the ladies who posted about how good you feel day care is for your LO.

My DD is starting on October 7 and although I'm very happy with the center, I'm of course also very nervous. Reading about how happy other parents and kids are really helps!

Re: Thank you!

• I didn't respond to that particular post, but thought you might like to know that we love our daycare as well!  We moved recently, and had the choice between a well-known center (a "chain" daycare with centers all over the place), and a daycare attached to a church.

We aren't really religious, but ended up choosing the church daycare.  It's only licensed for 60 kids (whereas the chain center is licensed for 175).  I know they have certain teacher/child ratios to abide by, but I felt better sending her to a facility with fewer children.  She had a rough first day (but hadn't been to daycare in over a month), but now she smiles at her teacher every morning when we walk in.  And yesterday I went to pick her up, and she and another baby girl were happily side by side, pulling every toy out of every basket on the shelf.  I feel like she'll learn a lot, and I enjoy knowing that the people she is with every day have had early childhood education (and are required to do continuing education).  I want her to actually learn something by the time kindergarten rolls around (and not just be babysat all day).
  • I didn't love my daycare at first, but I am a director in the industry so I knew all of the rules and would lock on to every little thing they might be doing wrong. I really didn't like my daycare when they gave my dd the wrong breastmilk. It was a huge mistake that they admitted to, they reported to licensing like they were supposed to do, and they took steps to correct it so it never happens again. We got over it and moved on.

Now I really like having my dd there. The teachers genuinely love her and that makes me feel like they will always go the extra mile for her. One teacher asked me if we could have a date night so she could babysit because she love cuddling dd. It helps me know that they enjoy having her there because I know she will be taken care of. 

Good luck with daycare. I know its a tough move for everyone! :-)
    My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"