December 2013 Moms
Options

XP from PGAL: Mostly good u/s update on Baby Boots

He's right on track with his growth, 1 lb 9 oz. today and everything looks good, including placenta which we were worried might start growing into uterine scar tissue. Of course they'll keep monitoring just to be sure.

The bad news is they are seeing hydronephrosis on one of his kidneys and we're going to call and ask more questions about it because we didn't get a lot of info at the appointment, we were kinda rushed out of there. Anyone with experience on this who can share in the meantime, it would be much appreciated. They said not to worry and that sometimes it resolves on its own. They'll check again in a month and see if it's resolved or gotten worse or stayed the same or what. Just another thing to worry my already overtaxed PGAL brain.

And it's a super minor issue in scope of things, but we never got any really good views of him moving or of his face or anything. Just close ups of his kidneys and heart and whatnot, which I know is what's important and is the point of these scans. But I'm jealous of all the ladies who get to see LO kicking or rolling or sucking their thumb or whatever. We barely saw anything that was recognizable as a baby or even a part of a baby, it was all ultrasound gibberish. I know it's dumb to be disappointed about that, but I can't help it. I guess we could do an elective ultrasound at one of those independent places, but I don't like the idea of doing what essentially amounts to a medical test for entertainment purposes. So I guess I need to quit whining about it. :-) (And not saying other people shouldn't do those scans, we just don't think it's the right thing for us to do)
**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

Re: XP from PGAL: Mostly good u/s update on Baby Boots

• Options
    Glad to hear he is otherwise measuring OK -- stay off Dr. Google, and do keep us updated. ::hugs::
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    HerbanMomHerbanMom member
    edited September 2013
    Fingers crossed it's resolved when you go back, keep us update in that regard! Glad everything else looks good! I totally feel ya on the U/S thing, but if it makes you feel better- we did the elective U/S and his face was stuck in my pelvis.

edited: can't spell today
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's great to hear that he's doing well and I hope it's resolved, try not to worry, I'm sure everything will be just fine. Definitely stay off of google just as northport said. It's great they are checking again in a month to keep your mind at ease.

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options

Hoping it resolves itself by your next check up! You will be in my thoughts & prayers.

... & it is not dumb at all to be disappointed not getting to see LO move around or what not. It is understandable to want to see the LO you already love so much doing things like that.  You are human!

My 2 December boys

• Options
    I already commented on your thread in Pgal but here's some more *HUGS*
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    My cousins youngest was born with hydronephrosis. She battled with UTIs as an infant but other than increased hydration needs and extra monitoring for the 1st two yrs of her life she was fine. She is now a healthy and happy 6yr old. Hope that helps.

• Options
    ((HUGS)) I wish I had good advice. They're monitoring our son's left kidney, too, which has been enlarged. I wish we could do more than just wait and hope it does resolve itself.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Options
    Hoping that it resolves itself before the next u/s.  Hopefully when you call they can give you some more insight into what it means.

• Options
    I'm glad your appointment went well over all. I'm pretty sure DS had that while I was pregnant. They monitored it a few times throughout my pregnancy, but it resolved itself and he never had any problems with it. He had an ultrasound after he was born and they found no problems with his kidneys. I hope everything is okay with your LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Glad your appointment went well. Hope anything they did find isn't too serious and goes away by your next appointment.

imageimage

• Options
    Yay for good growth and prayers that his kidneys heal. We are dealing with an unconfirmed heart defect which means lots of u/s. I've come to hate them. I've had awesome techs that show the face and hands and feet but we have never received good news. We go back this Friday for a true heart examination. I just keep praying that they tell me all is well and send me home. It's been hard to get excited about her arrival when we are being scared to death with "possible immediate surgery" and "long hospital stays". Anyways,sorry, didn't mean to make this about me but you'll be included in my prayers.
    Huge (creep internet stranger) hugs! I'm so sorry you're going through that. And I'm with you there - I am starting to dread the ultrasounds, because I hate getting bad news! I hope you start to get some better news. I know some heart defects turn out to be minor, I hope that is the case with your LO.
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.

• Options
    I don't have any advice but I would definitely call my Dr's office to explain if I were rushed out. I would think that if it were something to be of great concern that they would have explained furthermore. Regardless, my thoughts are with you and Baby Boots! :x
  • Options
    I don't have any advice but I would definitely call my Dr's office to explain if I were rushed out. I would think that if it were something to be of great concern that they would have explained furthermore. Regardless, my thoughts are with you and Baby Boots! :x
    I would think so right? I just hate being rushed. In retrospect, I should have said 'stop, please explain again, slowly. and then let us ask questions!' but you know how that goes, you feel pressured to say 'ok thanks' and get out of there and only in retrospect do you think about that.

• Options
    Glad he's growing normal and fx that your next scan shows the issue with the kidney is resolved. I know it's so scary thst anythjng could be wrong. I was so scared and nervous about the cyst on my placenta but it finally resolved itself by the fourth scan. I hope you have the same luck and it's gone by your next scan.

FWIW, my lo won't give me a face shot either. She always roll over and moons us or puts her hands over her face. I guess we'll have to wait a few more months before seeing those beautiful little faces.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    @BootsOrHearts I know. And honestly I probably would have done the same. Did you call them?
  • Options
    I hope all turns out ok, and I hope you get more info that can put your mind at ease! I hate having issues to deal with and the anxiety of waiting and the unknown just makes it worse. Hang in there, hugs <3

• Options
    I am glad you got mostly good news at the u/s.  I am sorry that you felt rushed and were not able to see baby the way you wanted.  I hope the kidney issue resolves itself by the next ultrasound and that it helps put your mind at ease a bit.
  • Options
    I don't know much about hydropronesus (sp?) but I do know a couple of people with only one kidney, and they're doing just fine.  I hope all is fine for your baby too.
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @BootsOrHearts I know. And honestly I probably would have done the same. Did you call them?
    Tomorrow! Today got crazy and I felt too emotional to deal with it all. :-/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"