July 2013 Moms
Options

Reflux Mamas

DH thinks DD has reflux. I have no clue! What tipped you off? Did your LO scream non-stop? Puke everywhere?

DD is 6 weeks tomorrow so there's the growth spurt thing thrown in here. But she's been spitting up much more. Tonight when on my boob she cries and fusses and pulls away. She's very gassy and has the hiccups all the time.

What do you think.... Reflux? Or is she just a typical baby?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reflux Mamas

• Options
    MrsErinH said:

My niece and nephew have reflux. Before they went on medicine they would throw up their entire feeding, every time.

Well that is very clear indeed!
  • Options

Is she a 'happy spitter'? Does she seem content other than that?

Yes. I'd say she's content and generally happy. She does spit up curdled gunk, don't know if that matters.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The curdled gunk is fine. The spitting up doesnt necessarily mean reflux since shes a happy spitter. Do you think she is acting that way at the boob due to gas, reflux, or could she be over-tired??

imageimage
  • Options
    jeska511 said:

The curdled gunk is fine. The spitting up doesnt necessarily mean reflux since shes a happy spitter. Do you think she is acting that way at the boob due to gas, reflux, or could she be over-tired??

Over tired or growth spurt are definite possible culprits this weekend.

I just don't want to have missed the signals she was in pain if there are some, ya know? Where is the manual?!?!! :)
  • Options

Sounds normal to me. Hope it's just a phase and over soon!

My gut says normal too. I needed a sounding board, thanks!
  • Options
    My LO just started on reflux meds yesterday.. Not due to her spitting up because shes a happy spitter byt because of her choking on reflux in between feedings. I asked about the crying at the breast thing because just recently my LO has started doing this. She was so tired she didnt want any boob, just wanted me to rock her on my chest and she passed right out lol either way, i hope she feels better and it passes.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"