January 2014 Moms

Guests to Baby Shower?

Just wondering how many persons are you inviting to your baby shower? My sis has asked me to make a guests list. My DH extended family is huge and I feel bad by inviting some of them and not all of them, theres only a couple of them that have been to my house,that ive hanged out with. But there also his grandmother sister, and etc. Right now my number is 53 and thats with 12 being from OOT,and I have not extended the invitation to my old coworkers (who ive been with for 9 years before moving on). The venue my sis is looking at holds 50 people. Is just hard to make cuts to the list.

Re: Guests to Baby Shower?

• With such a big group on DH's side is there any chance one of them will want to throw you another shower for just that group?

image             image             
        Baby K is 3 months old!                     Max: The original fur baby            
  • If your venue holds 50, I would say invite 60 max. You don't want to have more people show up than what your venue can accommodate!

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • My venue holds 35 max, so I sent a list with 40 people to my mom as usually there is a 10% no show rate at events such as this. I didn't invite a lot of people simply bc we don't have be space. I think people will understand if you say I can I only invite close friends and family due to limited space. its not your fault and there is nothing you can do. If your room holds 50, I think you are fine with 53 and would only invite a few more people bc you don't want to end up in a situation where the room can't accommodate your guests.

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• There have been plenty of times when I've gone to wedding showers but not baby showers for the same person because they tend to be smaller, in my experience anyway.  I gave my mom a list of about 35 and I think I had over 50 at my wedding shower.  I think most people understand that it's for close friends and family, but I totally get the whole "well, if I invite this person, I have to invite this person" thing.  I just went with those that I was really close with.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If your venue only holds 50, I really feel like you should only invite 50, including yourself and hostess/es. You can never guarantee that anyone will decline; I had 5 guests come to my MN wedding from MD who I thought for sure would never make the trip. You don't want to be in a position of having to un-invite people later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"