Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: .

• Options
    On OPKs, the line has to be as dark or darker than the control. So a faint line is the same as a negative. It's possible you missed it, and it's possible you haven't ovulated yet. Keep taking OPKs (try to do it at the same time every day) and maybe you'll get a positive soon. Also, read the newbie blog and sign up for FertilityFriend.com. You'll learn lots about pinpointing ovulation.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Options
    OPKs detect the presence of LH (Lutenizing Hormone) in your urine. Your LH surges before ovulation (although you can have a surge and not ovulate) and OPKs are designed to detect that surge. Because you have small amounts of LH in your urine throughout your cycle, you may see a faint line on your OPK. iPad faint line doesn't mean anything on an OPK.

I recommend ditching the app and looking into charting your BBT.  It is the only way to confirm ovulation at home.  Like I said above OPKs do not confirm ovulation because you can have a positive OPK and not ovulate.  I recommend using fertility friend, it makes charting easy and they have some good tutorials.  You can sign up by clicking on someones ticker.  The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is another good source of charting info.  

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes!! Definitely discussions. :) and thanks ladies I will definitely look into all your suggestions. thank you very much!
  • Options
    I agree that you should start charting your bbt. It helps let you know exactly when you ovulated so you aren't left guessing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Why did you delete/edit the OP?  I don't get it. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    Everyone was really nice, what an insult! Not cool OP, not cool [-X

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    For real? Don't waste our time OP if you're just gonna delete your post. Rude.
  • Options
    I'm bummed that this post wasn't about periods.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    It took me a long time to click on this because the period was so tiny. Now I'm sad there's nothing there. 
    BFP #1 12.9.11 - welcomed G & S 7.20.12
    BFP #2 9.20.13 - m/c 10.21.13
    BFP #3 12.15.13  due 8.29.14

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Interested in a FB group? PM me :) 

• Options
    Keep using the opks. Some people always have a faint line, some people fade into a positive, and some people get nothing until positive day. Also read the newbie blog located at the top of the board and ditch your all for fertility friend instead. I hope you actually had a conversation about starting ttc and this isn't based off of him just not pulling out (that part was unclear). Good luck!
    Maybe she was covering her tracks because she didn't have a conversation with her so?????  Or maybe I'm just really cynical and untrusting.

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"