April 2014 Moms

Fever?

I woke up Friday with the start of a sinus infection.  By Friday evening it was full blown yuck.  Today I've been running a 99.9 fever.  I feel like crap, but I need to figure out what I can do to keep my fever down, should it go up any higher.  Any ideas?  I can't get ahold of any doctors to ask, so I'm holding off taking Tylenol (most websites say no meds in the 1st trimester is safest).  I've had an ice pack on my head all day and that works, and it's giving me some relief, but I'm worried if it continues what my options might be.  I have a doctor visit Tuesday morning.  Any suggestions?

Re: Fever?

• Tylenol is recommended by most doctors. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My biggest concern is the sinus infection turning into bronchitis or pneumonia or something bad.  My respiratory system is a hot mess, and it's happened before...
  • Tylenol is fine for the fever and pain. If you have an infection won't your OB call out a prescription antibiotic?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hopefully, but I get these so frequently that most of the typical antibiotics are not as effective as they used to be.  Like last year, after two rounds of antibiotics, I ended up with walking pneumonia and an inhaler..
  • aviola329 said:

I had a 100 degree fever this week with my sinus infection. My doc said to go ahead and take Tylenol when it wasn't coming down on its own. I you wanted to keep trying other options maybe a cool/tepid bath

You could also try adding a cup or so of white vinegar to the bath. It helps break the fever. Hope you feel better soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
    05/31/1997: Married DH - Began TTC right away | 08/2002: Diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis
    10/05/2005: Adpoted DS - Funniest boy ever!
    09/2007: Ectopic with rupture - lost right tube | 09/2012: Ectopic - saved the left tube
    08/05/2013: BFP not ectopic | EDD: 4/22/2014 | 09/15/2013: Miscarried at home
    Underwent Gastric Bypass 01/06/2014 to help with PCOS and weight.  Lost 186 lbs - had to TTA for 1 year
    Burned the bench 01/20/15 - Medicated Cycle with Clomid and HCG trigger shot on 02/08/2015
    ++++ BFP 2/17/18 ++++  EDD 10/26/2015
    "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." ~ Romans 15:13 
  • Tylenol is safe! I hope you feel better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"