August 2013 Moms

Introducing Mary Elizabeth

Mary Elizabeth was born Aug. 30 at 8:13 am, weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz. I plan to write a fuller birth story later, but basically plan had been to induce with pitocin morning of 8/30. Originally was not going to do cervidil b/c midwife assumed I'd be reasonably dilated. I was to hit 42 weeks on 8/31, the latest my midwives let their patients go. But as of appt morning of 8/29, was still less than 2cm and cervix still posterior. 20 minutes after leaving appt, midwife calls to tell me she'd scheduled me to go in that evening instead to start cervidil. L&D was super packed so was late before they had room for me. Got cervidil at 10:30, midwife checked me at 6 am or so after a couple hours of contractions, removed the cervidil and found I was 6 cm and 100%. Started to prep to go in tub to labor, but standing up and leaning on DH took me from 6 to 10 in like 10 minutes. Pushed for maybe 40 minutes. We are in love, and her big sister Anna adores her. I'd been so bummed and upset about being overdue and having to induce, but so glad all I needed was cervidil. Labor and recovery thus far (knock on wood) has been better than with DD and I'm so relieved. On iPad but will try to attach photo of DD1 & DD2.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introducing Mary Elizabeth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"