December 2013 Moms

WTF should I even say about this...

2»

Re: WTF should I even say about this...

• mh89 said:

I haven't read any of the replies to your post, but she absolutely qualifies for state aid. Her mother won't pay for her health care so she will be automatically covered even though she's a minor. No question about it. Have her go and reapply ASAP.

She should also qualify for WIC I think.

Yeah, the part about her mother making too much money for her to qualify for Medicaid wasn't adding up to me because isn't there something about all minors being emancipated if you have a child/are pregnant? Isn't that why a parent can't force their child to get an abortion? So, her qualification for Medicaid should have nothing to do with her mother's income if she is pregnant.
    I agree it's not all adding up.

• Do you have any pictures of your ultra sound or maybe a video? If so I would show her that. The only way she might "disobey" her mom is if she really wants to. That might trigger something. Knowing by now she could have heard the heart beat and could have seen her baby move might change her mind. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it's been a few days since the last reply. I read this post over the weekend, but have been unable to get to a keyboard until now.

So something that I'm surprised no one has mentioned before, and the L&D Grandma has not brought up is...if she is not getting prenatal care..then WHO IS GOING TO DELIVER THIS BABY WHEN THE TIME COMES?

There are lots of OBs who won't even take accept new patients late into a pregnancy, let alone at the 9th hour when she's ready to deliver. I know I had to go through 5 OBs until I found one who would even accept me with my own desires for labor (VBA2C hopeful over here), they can all be really different on their policies for pregnancy and delivery, and with her not knowing anything about how the baby is doing...well, this just seems like an obvious red flag waving around that no one is talking about. 

If she feels good and thinks that is all that prenatal appointments are for, and just doesn't need to go, then talk to her about the importance of getting accepted into a practice so that she has an OB to call, and knows which hospital to go to (because not all OBs have privileges at the same hospitals), when the time comes. Stress that they do not all accept women later in pregnancy, so the longer she waits, the harder it is going to be to find a Doctor who will take her. 

"Bad insurance" or not...she HAS to have an OB to call when the time comes. I am honestly shocked that her L&D mom has not just recommended one she likes at her hospital, and set up a prenatal visit with that one. I'm seriously shaking my head on this one, who better to know than a L&D Nurse who actually knows different OBs and pretty likely has a preference on who she likes/trusts the most. 

This is just so sad. WOW. But go ahead and plan both those baby showers Grandma...OMG. :(
    Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
    I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg
  • That's so scary... I can't even imagine that. I mean who wouldn't be dying to hear a heartbeat by now? Or be paranoid all the time that something could be wrong? I would be raising hell with that mother!
  • Op please update us when you find out what's going on with her if its not too personal. I've been really curious about what's happening.

Again, no matter what her mother's insurance is, she DOES qualify to receive state mandated insurance. They will pay for all her ob appointments and for the baby's medical insurance.
    image image

• I'm shocked by the lac of responsibility by her mother. Thankfully your BIL and yourself are concerned for her and the baby's health. Perhaps it's all a bit overwhelming for her. Is there anyway you could find a more neutral party to talk to her?  

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

(Always in our hearts baby Erwan 22/03/11. 22w + 5d)

• Offer to take them shopping, or out to icecream...

Trap em' in the car & drive to the nearest clinic! 

If that's not an option you can have a real conversation with her & be blunt about why she needs to go or even call welfare services if you feel you need to take it to that level. Or wash your hands of it, if she WONT go, then it's her stubborn & ignorant choice...
  • Lol @MissJenna2011 I don't think you can really force healthcare. I wish though!
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Did anyone suggest calling CPs?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"