May 2014 Moms

Suggested excuses to friends for why I am not drinking alcohol!?

We all know its a dead giveaway to attend a happy hour without drinking, or a friend's bday without the champagne toast. Anyone have good excuses that don't raise suspicion?

Re: Suggested excuses to friends for why I am not drinking alcohol!?

• There's always the "I'm on an antibiotic" excuse. But I don't think anyone buys that anymore.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • I just hold a beer the whole time. Or if I use the bathroom I dump half out. No one noticed that I wasn't actually drinking the other night at a friend's party!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Loading the player...
  • I just say that I got totally wasted last night and am still nursing a hangover...can't even think of drinking today! lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just show up early, and ask the bartender for a cranberry and Sprite with a lime in a cocktail glass... I'm a bartender and I do this all the time!
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Happy hours I "go to the bathroom" and tell the bartender that I'm pregnant and to please do non-alcoholic versions. But our happy hours are usually at the same place and I know her pretty well. Champagne I would maybe take a sip, but I don't really like champagne anyway. Maybe walk away and dump it like someone suggested? This makes me sound like such a lush! I'm really not!
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • as the other ladies suggested, I would just tell the bar tender.
  • Hmmm you're doing a paleo or Whole 30 diet...
  • Today, I gave the "I'm trying to lose weight and alcohol makes me fat" excuse.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• I've dumped my bottle of beer (I hate that) and filled with water.  So yes I'm drinking, but no one knows what. 

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Tonight we had a big BBQ with friends and family and I took DH's empty bottles and filled them with water.  The other night I went over to my parents house for dinner and they poured me a glass of wine, thank god it was in a colored glass vs a clear glass, and I dumped it and filled it back up with water in the bathroom.  I don't bother with excuses for why I'm not drinking, I learn how to fake drink.  

• Last pregnancy we went out for my friends birthday for dinner and to a bar afterwards... dh told the waitress she had fun with it and asked me if i wanted a double! lol... and then dh told the bar tender at the bar... it was such a fun night! :) 
        image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic   BabyFruit Ticker

• We went away for a long weekend with friends and everyone is drinking all day and night. I pulled the antibiotic excuse but luckily I had real pills to back up my story. I had gotten a prescription from my dentist months ago that he told me to hold onto and luckily I still had it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • GREAT suggestions---thanks! I ended up having DH switch glasses with me periodically (though we got caught once; maybe I should have followed some advice here instead!) tonight is two more social outings; I think I'll try a few of these ideas on them! Thanks, ladies!
  • I work as a bartender men always order drinks for there partner! I even had a guy chug his beer and ask me to fill with water lol. This trick seems to be the best. Just don't allow anyone to buy you a drink. Or else your poring that down the sink in the bathroom lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Beta #1 208, Beta #2 800, Beta #3 6,000
    Were Having Triplets!
    You Tube Videos of our Family finding out the good news!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"