April 2014 Moms

My mother in-law

Ughhh, I'm so upset my mother in law swong by today. Let me first say,my ultrasound picture is hung on the fridge. So with that said she dropped of a cake for my husbands birthday. I was sleeping and my husband was in the other room watching tv, he totally spaced and let her put the cake in the fridge forgetting my ultrasound picture is on the fridge!!!
I'm so mad because I wanted to wait till 12 weeks to tell her because she has a HUGE mouth and will tell everyone :-( were having dinner with them tonight I'm so nervous she's going to say something.

Re: My mother in-law

• Maybe you could simply tell her you wanted to keep quiet until 12 weeks and ask that she not say anything. I told my mom at 6 weeks and simply asked her not to tell other people until I am ready.
  • Could you tell her it's your best friend's u/s? Or a cousin that you're close with and lives out of state?
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't lie to her.  Just ask her to keep her trap shut. Its not her pregnancy to tell.  Most people, even big mouths, understand that.  Good luck

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• We told our families early, and my in-laws have told a lot of their friends and siblings. I'm not upset about it because they're just really excited.

That's a bummer that she found out early, and not the way you planned. If your really worried I agree, tell her (or have your husband tell her) not to say anything.
  • My in-laws also have very big mouths and news usually spreads like wildfire. But we told them early and they promised they wouldn't tell anyone.. And they haven't! If you have your MIL verbally promise to you she won't share, I bet she will hold true to her word.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe she didn't notice? Sorry :(

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"