Cloth Diapering
Options

reusable trash can liners

Tell me more about these.....how do they work, what do you do when it is full, etc.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: reusable trash can liners

• Options
    I know this really isn't what you're asking but here's what works for us:

A friend gave us her old diaper genie with plastic liners.  We toss the cloth diapers in and it really does keep away any odor.  I wash EOD and just take the diapers out the top, leaving the plastic liner in place.  I then prop the genie top open to let the liner air out as I do the wash cycle.  I only change out the liner when it seems to be stinky even after airing out which is once a month, tops.  When I replace the liner, I use the old one for cleaning out the litter box, so I feel slightly less bad about using the plastic.

If you have access to a hand me down diaper genie or something of the like, it could still be really economical and relatively greenish.
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I use the ones from Alva. It's a large bag with a zippered bottom and a drawstring top. When I wash, I empty dipes into the machine, unzip, and turn it inside out before throwing it in to wash with the dipes. I line dry it along with everything else that has PUL. Works great!
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use a pail liner from Planet Wise in a plastic trash can with a lid that I bought from Target. When I wash, I empty the bag in the washing machine and turn the bag inside out and wash it with the diapers. I line dry the bag.  Just make sure you get two bags...one to use while the other one dries.
  • Options
    OP were you asking about "pail liners" or the new "trash can liners" that planetwise put out?

Pail liners fit in the typical 13 gal kitchen trash cans. That's what most people use for diaper storage. It looks like these news ones fit a 5 gal bathroom sized trash can. I was contemplating getting one of these for spraying days -- so I can storage wet diapers in the bathroom instead of in the nursery.

I'm guessing this would continue to be a useful trash can liner once out of diapers an you can just dump the trash into a trash bag. And reuse the trash can liner. Wash it as necessary - which likely wouldn't be often.
  • Options
    When I first looked at them it looked like the diaper pail liner was being called a reusable trash can liner as well so I was picturing it replacing the trash bags in the kitchen trash can and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how that would work.....

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"