October 2013 Moms

Birthstone...

I google Octobers Birthstone and it gives me two options...Rose and Opal. I like the Opal better, but which one is the traditional one? And which one are you going to use for your little one?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birthstone...

• Opal is traditional I believe and any time DH and I've looked, it's at Opal items.

imageimage    

• opal is traditional, which i do like.  i am not sure what i will do (plus, i could have a November baby since i am due so late in Oct).

• Loading the player...
  • My poor husband already bought an opal necklace...and now we are due no later than Sept 20. He offered to return it for sapphire, but I love the look of opals.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband already wants to order my ring, but I could have baby at the end of September. My husband and Iare 14 hours apart lol so we share Sapphire. I hope LO waits until at least Oct. 1st!
  • I have a necklace from my MIL with the pink stone, but we figured if she comes early it can still be pink for a girl :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • btimes3 said:

Opal.  I don't mind the pink tourmaline, but I've always loved opals.  There's a silly superstition that wearing opals is unlucky unless they're your birthstone, but I've never let that stop me.  If I weren't due so late in the month, I would have bought an opal ring already.  As it is, I'm waiting to see whether I should get opal or topaz.

Oh Jeez. You shouldn't of told me that!!!!!!

• My birthday is in October and I always thought it was the pink tourmaline not opal.
  • I love the look of fire opal.
    If I get something to wear for Lo's birthstone I'm choosing that
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Opal, hands down.  I'm also an October baby, and I've always gone with opal over pink tourmaline.
    Anniversary
    February Signature Challenge: Valentine's Day GIFs

image     image     image
  • Meh, I guess I've never thought about it, because I don't expect to use the birthstone for anything. Total fun killer, huh?

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• @Amjoy25
    Way to be a Debbie-downer!! :-P

I want a cool mother's ring...not like the traditional boring ones. :-)
  • My mom got the best mother's ring (ruby, emerald, and sapphire).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @btimes3
    That's exactly what my husband and I did for my mom as well, but hers included her three children. My mother loves my husband as her own.

I want the stacked style with DH's birth stone and mine over on the sides...we are both sapphire and then our two kiddos in the middle. I'm looking at so many that I'm loving!!
  • I had a "family necklace made after my husband bought me a larger diamond. I used my original diamond as the main stone and then had 2 peridot's added in a besal setting (sp?) My husband and son are both August babies. I am a Nov baby and this one could very well be Nov. Once she is born I will have my stone and her stone added. I like both opal and the pink tourmaline so this is going to be difficult if she is Oct for sure LOL
  • I need to see pictures of everyone's jewelry. I haven't really found any family jewelry or Mother's jewelry I like.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • I want something like this with the opal birthstone. Dang Etsy!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • I'm an October baby as well and I have mainly used pink tourmaline as my birthstone. My dad bought me a beautiful necklace for my birthday a couple years ago that has both the pink tourmaline and opal in it. I love it!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • I guess I am the only person who dislikes opal. I just hate it. It is my lest favorite of all the birthstones. My baby is actually due at the very end of September so I am rooting for sapphire. I LOVE sapphire. October is my favorite month though. So, either way I guess I will win some and lose some. 
    Anniversary

• @jnsmith85, okay those are cute.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • I want something like this...maybe a little more simple, but this style.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"