1st Trimester

Pregnant after miscarriage!

Hi everyone hope you yo'all are doing well. I had a question I think I might be pregnant right after MC. Oki MC on August 7th bled for a week went to the doctors and they said that I passed everything naturally. Well I started to get sore boobs, tired and sleepy alot, headaches, nauseous and other pregnancy symptoms.

My question is did anyone got pregnant right after miscarriage? And if they did how do I calculate the due date? Thanks!

Re: Pregnant after miscarriage!

• Unless you were charting and know when you ovulated, you will need a dating ultrasound. Also, unless your doctor tracked your HCG levels down to zero, I would be careful about trusting the results of an HPT if you take one.....you can have HCG in your system for a long time after miscarriage (my levels didn't return to zero until about 7-8 weeks after, despite having a full period and ovulating in between). If you get a positive HPT, then get to your doctor immediately and they can help you figure everything out :-). Good luck!
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This pregnancy was conceived approximately two weeks after I had an early miscarriage (passed everything naturally). My doctor had monitored my hcg down to zero and then when my period didn't arrive after about a month I tested and got a positive hpt. I called my doctor and he did an hcg test which resulted in a 9. A week later it was 432. They did an ultrasound around 6w4-5d and we saw the heartbeat and they estimated my due date based on that ultrasound. Supporting that prediction was the fact that my hcg was only 9 when first tested so I couldn't have been very far along at that point. If you haven't taken a home pregnancy test, then don't call your doctor. Symptoms can be deceiving. But it is possible.

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an early miscarriage earlier this month (see siggy for exact dates). I temped and used OPKs to determine that I had ovulated a week later than usual. Today, I got my BFP so it is possible. Usually during your first appt around 8 weeks they will give you an ultrasound to date your pregnancy.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • I miscarried on 07/09. We were told in the ER my HCG levels were 2. I bled about 4 days and the OBGYN said it was quite possible it was an actual period.

We only had sex a handful of times, because my OBGYN really wanted us to wait until tests were ran, because that was my 3rd loss. Never got another period. I started feeling crappy a couple days before 08/10. I tested 08/10, BFP!! We went in on 08/12 - confirmed through blood test.

• I don't know anything about charting and ovulation, but I got pregnant a month after my D&C in May. Before that, just a month after a natural miscarriage in February. I chalked it up to being an incredibly fertile human being...

I hope the best for you, and I hope you feel better real soon!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"