December 2013 Moms

Emotional Wreck much?

So I was just driving to work, and out of nowhere the thought that if I deliver on a Friday or Saturday my dad won't come to the hospital hit me like a ton of bricks and I started bawling. He's religious, so doesn't so much as flip on/off a light switch Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. I know it's kind of silly, especially since there is still a roughly 70% chance that the baby will be born on any other day than those LOL.

Anyone else have any emotional breakdowns over something silly lately?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Emotional Wreck much?

• I had a weird emotion thing the other day over something stupid and I can't for the life of me remember what it was ... Pregnancy brain much?! But in all seriousness, I think we're all having weird emotional things, and as far as yours goes I would talk to him and express your feelings. I'm sure he will understand. Who knows ... might even come see the LO even if they're born on the weekend.
  • I had the most emotional day of my pregnancy yesterday! In the morning, I had a major meltdown trying to go through some stuff for school. I was in Babies R Us and started bawling my eyes out in the middle of an aisle because I miss my mom (my parents just moved to TX a month ago, I'm in MI). Again in the car after I left, and was just a sad, crying mess the rest of the day over the littlest things! (poor hubby) So no, you crying over your dad certainly is not silly! And as others said, there are plenty of other days that baby could be born! Just be happy your dad isn't halfway across the country!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was tired and fell asleep with stuff all over the bed and DH came upstairs and woke me up and I just started crying. And kept crying until I cleaned off the bed and got ready for bed and drank my chocolate milk. I was just OVER tired I guess. ::hugs:: remember that there are 5 other days for LO to be born on. :)
    DH knows I'm a wreck if he wakes me up too. I've cried because he wouldn't come to bed at the same time as me. It was really bad when we had DD too. I remember yelling at him for being on the computer after I put her down for the night yelling "This time is precious sleep time!!! We have to go to bed NOW!!!"
  • I feel everyone's pain. I was a complete emotional wreck last night. I asked my husband to do some chores and he happily did them. But when he didn't do it the way I told him to I had a melt down.We finally made up and laughed it off but I feel so bad for how I treated him. He is such a big help and I think I was overtired, had low blood sugar and I just snapped. I want to make it up to him, maybe a nice dinner :)
  • Nrg2020 said:
    That's not silly! I'd be sad too! Have you talked to him about how youre feeling? Maybe just having him tell you he'll be thinking of you will help you feel better? I know it's not much, considering. Shanah Tova! (Early) We'll need to start a recipe post.
    Shana Tova (Early) to you as well!

Thank you ladies for making me feel a little better. I got over it just about as quickly as it started, but I just felt so silly haha. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"