July 2013 Moms

permanent birth control

Is anyone else here going for some kind of permanent BC? If so what are you using? Are you hesitant at all?

Dh is going for a v in October. I've been sad about it but lurking on the pregnancy boards made it a little more real about what we are giving up.

Re: permanent birth control

• I had my tubes tied when I had my csection. Yes, I am sad I won't have any more children; however I have 3 healthy children now. I couldn't afford to have more if I wanted, so having my tubes tied was one way to make sure that didn't happen.
  • DH is getting a V on Wed. We always wanted 3 kids and DH desperately wanted a son which we now have so it is not a hard decision. At my PP visit, I was a teeny bit sad thinking I'd never be the pregnant woman in the waiting room again but that was a very fleeting sentiment. This was an exceptionally hard pregnancy and recovery for me physically and I'm not sure my body could do it again, let alone my mind. Also, DS is a very needy/challenging baby which is solidifying my stance that we are complete with 3 kids.

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Loading the player...
  • My dh is done but I would like another in a few years. We don't have enough space or money for another though. It will be nice to not have to worry about BC anymore though.
  • I also got tied during my c sec. 4 kids is pleasantly more than enough. Especially since we got twins last round. There was no question about it. If you question wither or not to do it, I'd say wait. When you're done, you know you're done.
  • DH is getting the V soon. Not sure when but he wants to have it done before changing jobs.
  • DH had his V booked for the 23rd. While I'm sad that it is so final and know we will never have the excitement of another pregnancy/baby, I feel so blessed that we were able to have the 3, healthy children we've akways wanted.

I have never done well on hormonal birth control; it wreaks havoc on my anxiety and libido, so I am excited atctge prospect of not having to worry about any of that, ever again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"