August 2013 Moms
Options

Cluster feed and low appetite

Smom901316Smom901316 member
edited August 2013 in August 2013 Moms
I know there have been a bunch of cluster feeding posts lately but I do have a question. DD has cluster fed all day and now her normal night time feedings seem less frequent . Am I just a nervous FTM and should I be thankful that she is sleeping in 3.5 hour stretches this evening? Is this "normal" in anyone else's experience ?

Edit: less frequent meaning she is not eating at her normal intervals. She is 10 days old

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

Re: Cluster feed and low appetite

• Options
    Yup. Normal!

I am very jealous right now, though. ;)

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    We have had three days of cluster feedings. I wish that on no one. Good luck mama!

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes if dd cluster feeds late afternoon to early evening she will go longer stretches at night. It's awesome
  • Options
    Enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    My baby cluster feeds in the evening and has been sleeping at least 4 hour stretches at night. Last night he slept 6 hours. I'm happy to feed him every hour or more if it means more sleep.
  • Options

Yup. Normal!

I am very jealous right now, though. ;)

This my cluster went on for 36 hours it was hell!
    ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • Options
    Jealous of all of you getting those long stretches! Dd cluster feeds but she still only sleeps a max of 2.5 hours. Sigh.

• Options
    That is usually why they cluster feed, so they sleep longer at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Options
    My LO cluster fed all day yesterday, then slept for 6 hours last night. I felt bad about it this morning, but then again, if she had been hungry, she would have woken herself and I up.

• Options
    My LO is cluster feeding during the day. I figure he's getting enough in the day that he doesn't need to wake up as frequently at night. So despite feeling like I might as well just hang out topless all day to serve him, I'm enjoying the extra nighttime rest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"