July 2012 Moms

Bottle weaning Advice/Strength/tips!

OK so LO moves to the big kids (12-36 months) room on Tuesday. And I figured this long weekend would be a good time to actually transition to a sippy. For real this time.

Give my your tips, advice, strength to get through this! :) hey maybe he will eat more food this way haha.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottle weaning Advice/Strength/tips!

• Cold turkey here. I think we've done it. Think.

• We started out holding him, like we'd do to give him a bottle, but the milk was in a sippy.  This was for breakfast and lunch (started with lunch).  It didn't work for the nighttime bottle, we just had to do it cold turkey.  He actually eats less now though, but I have no idea if thats related.  Good luck!
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are still in the process. Once we found a cup she really liked, we started giving her that instead of a morning bottle. Next is nap time bottle.And then nighttime. We've been preparing by letting her drink half her bottle before we rock. I plan on working on that to eliminate the bottle/rocking association first. Then we'll replace the bottle with her cup.

Although as I'm typing this she's taking sips and spitting it/spraying milk everywhere....sigh...
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We did it Cold Turkey. But, he never seemed to love the bottle like other kids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We had one melt Down for nap but she went down!

• @bellaxanthe ill try that tomorrow! Its 5pm, LO had been up since 450am and had maybe 2 oz milk from the sippy and a bit of smoothie. He ate yogurt and that's it.

I caved and gave him a bottle just now, i think ill let him have a night one until he starts using the sippy more during the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"