April 2013 Moms

Ergo Users

Have you splayed your LO's legs out yet? If so, how old are they? 

We ditched the insert a while ago, but I am still putting her in the ergo froggy-style. Just wondering what are the signs/milestones/age for splaying legs.

Re: Ergo Users

• I bought it when he was 2 months old, it was already way too hot for the insert and he never liked frog style, I have splayed them a little, folding his knees up and his feet were resting on the waistband. He still kinda does that but his legs are spread further now and he moves them around all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also do the splayed legs with feet on the waist band.  He seems to like it more right now.  He looks kind of "stuck" with his legs sticking out.

• Loading the player...
  • I was never able to use the insert, but he is pretty flexible and is able to sit with his legs out easily. He's a little over 4 months old with good head control and really likes to move around alot like pp said. Sorry it's sideways but this is how his legs sit.image
  • I don't use the insert, but still use the little butt pillow in it. It helps give her legs more room when she sits around me.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We still do froggy. I'm also a bad mommy and kinda let her stand up in it front facing but I always have my hands on her. It's not hands free but allows me to carry her longer cause the ergo supports her weight and she can see the world better. Came in handy at the zoo last week.

I wish they could develop a good front facing carrier.
  • CraftGirl said:
    We still do froggy. I'm also a bad mommy and kinda let her stand up in it front facing but I always have my hands on her. It's not hands free but allows me to carry her longer cause the ergo supports her weight and she can see the world better. Came in handy at the zoo last week. I wish they could develop a good front facing carrier.
    I was actually just about to ask if there was a front-facing option for the ERGO. He would be so unhappy to be facing my chest all the time,but the side-carry seems kind of awkward for anytime I want to sit while wearing him. Thursday we went to a football game and used the Bjorn, which he loves cuz he can look around, but it is less comfy for me!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We ditched the insert at 2 weeks shy of 4 months. He has been riding splayed for about that long. He was trying to stand up in it froggy-style and I found that very unnerving.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • JSS1002 said:
    CraftGirl said:
    We still do froggy. I'm also a bad mommy and kinda let her stand up in it front facing but I always have my hands on her. It's not hands free but allows me to carry her longer cause the ergo supports her weight and she can see the world better. Came in handy at the zoo last week. I wish they could develop a good front facing carrier.
    I was actually just about to ask if there was a front-facing option for the ERGO. He would be so unhappy to be facing my chest all the time,but the side-carry seems kind of awkward for anytime I want to sit while wearing him. Thursday we went to a football game and used the Bjorn, which he loves cuz he can look around, but it is less comfy for me!
    You can back-carry with the ERGO once the baby is 6 months old. Then LO could look over your shoulders.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • danuli8 said:
    JSS1002 said:
    CraftGirl said:
    You can back-carry with the ERGO once the baby is 6 months old. Then LO could look over your shoulders.
    I'll give that a try next month!  THat will take some getting used to!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • letranger said:

CraftGirl said:

We still do froggy. I'm also a bad mommy and kinda let her stand up in it front facing but I always have my hands on her. It's not hands free but allows me to carry her longer cause the ergo supports her weight and she can see the world better. Came in handy at the zoo last week.

I wish they could develop a good front facing carrier.

Pikkolo. It puts her in a c shape for her hips and cinched tight not to pull on her croutch.
    Is that safe though? I thought all front facing options weren't good for the hips.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"