February 2014 Moms
Options

I'm celebrating a good friend's bday...at a bar. Thoughts?

So a long time good friend is celebrating his birthday at a bar. Obviously I am going to celebrate without drinking but now I'm a bit self conscious because I am showing a slight bump and I don't want to be looked at the wrong way by other people. I'd def be the first to judge if a pregnant woman was at a bar but now I will be that woman! Should I just try to dress down my bump with loose fitting clothes or just let my husband go and enjoy himself while I stay home?
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: I'm celebrating a good friend's bday...at a bar. Thoughts?

• Options
    Go! Is it a really smoky bar or anything. Have a sprite or something and enjoy yourself! Really? You are going to let people at a bar judge you?! Lol!

imageimage
  • Options
    I don't see why you wouldn't go? Have fun, enjoy yourself and celebrate with your friends! Not going because your worried about being judged is just silly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go, have a pregnancy cocktail. (the bar tender might not know what the heck that is though) or a cranberry juice. Dance, have fun.Don't worry about what other people think.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Being pregnant has made me self conscious, I don't know why. I'm a big girl and never gave a damn about people staring at my muffin top but pregnancy has gotten the better of me lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't care if I saw someone pregnant at a bar. I'll be going in about a month when my friend comes to visit to celebrate her 30th birthday :) I'm more worried about staying up past 10 than anything!

• Options
    My social life has continued since becoming pregnant involving a lot of bars and dancing but obviously no alcohol. I find once I with a good group of mates I have a great night. Go and enjoy yourself, get ur hair done or something before hand - pamper yourself with the money you saving by not drinking :)
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is going to judge you.  Maybe if you were doing shots or something! But just for being there with a large group, I wouldn't think anything of it.
  • Options
    keags5496keags5496 member
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't judge unless you were drinking or smoking. Especially since you're with a group of people it's obvious you're out celebrating or enjoying company. Go and have fun!!
  • Options
    Why would you side eye a pregnant lady in a bar?

Go. Have fun!

image image
  • Options
    go and have fun! I've seen a lot of pregnant women at bars and no one seems to pay them any extra attention. unless they're sitting at the bar.. alone.. drinking and smoking..
  • Options
    I say GO go go!!! 

I would, and I'm an alcoholic who occasionally attends gatherings at bars (family events, or coworkers birthdays). My go-to drink at those functions is a Shirley Temple with extra cherries. ;-)

• Options
    I'm going to a bachelorette tonight and will be in many different bars. I'm going out with a group of hot ladies and dressing to look at pregnant as possible. ;-) better than just feeling chubby! I won't be drinking and there's no smoking in bars here so if anyone gives me a side eye, that's their problem. I'm planning on having a blast and giggling to myself when everyon else is hung over at brunch tomorrow. ;-)
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"