Infertility

Back to back cycle anyone???

My RE is making me take a month off before moving onto FET #2?? Grrrrr, I am pissed! Why can't I just do it with this cycle? I don't want to wait! DH and I are old (temper tantrum)!
Does your RE make you wait a month or 2 between cycles? She also made us wait a month between fresh IVF and FET#1.
I am not getting any younger!
Me:35,  DH: 39   
TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
8/13: FET #1= BFN
10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image

Re: Back to back cycle anyone???

• I'm so sorry you are forced to wait :(. My RE doesn't make me wait and I've been able to start the next cycle each time. I hope you're wait goes really quickly!

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Really Sorrellam? I am so jealous. Grrrr! Of course it's a holiday weekend, so I will have to wait until Tuesday to fight my battle.
    Me:35,  DH: 39   
    TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
    8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
    10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
    3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
    4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
    6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
    8/13: FET #1= BFN
    10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • Loading the player...
  • My clinic makes you take a month between any IVF and FET transfers to ensure everything in your body has settled properly. It's always hard to wait...I hope the time goes fast for you.

TTC since mid-2011---Husband and I both late 20's---
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and dye test in Sep 2012- moderate endometriosis removed---
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility---
    Clomid cycle 1 in Feb 2013- BFN---
    Clomid cycle 2 in Mar 2013- BFN---
    IVF #1 in May 2013- BFN---
    IVF #2 in August 2013-BFN---
    Endometrial biopsy identified high natural killer cells---
    FET #1 in Oct 2013-delayed---
    FET #1 in Nov 2013 with Intralipids-BFN---
    FET #2 in January 2014- BFN---

IVF #3 in March 2014 (new doctor new plan)-BFFN
    IVF #4 in June 2014 (last cycle with own eggs)- BFN
    IVF #5 in September 2014 (with donor eggs)- BFP plus 6 frozen blasts :)

http://tryingtoconceiveafamily.blogspot.com.au/

May Emerald / August Shooting Star / October Precious Pumpkin / November Harvest Hopeful / January Snowdrops / March Shimmering Shamrocks / June Bugs

• My clinic doesn't require us to wait but they recommend a month in between. We can pick our FET date after that which I like.
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • I'm so sorry you are forced to wait :(. My RE doesn't make me wait and I've been able to start the next cycle each time. I hope you're wait goes really quickly!

Same. I'm so sorry, especially about your BFN. I'm thinking of you. I know it sucks so bad to be delayed. I hope you are able to talk your doc into it. Remind me - did you do a natural cycle FET? Or will you medicate? With or without Lupron? Lupron needed to be started for me during week 3 of my previous cycle. Hopefully your protocol will be getting started sooner than you think...?!? Hang in there...huge hugs.
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• my RE allows back to back cycles, but I had to take a month off after my recent BFN because of some work commitments for me and DH-plus the clinic cycle schedules get filled up since they only allow a certain number of women to start stims each day. 

Its frustrating, but I'm using it as a time to take supplements and enjoy being a real person (drinking, eating sushi, exercising). 

A lot of things I've not wanted to do the way my RE does or I've questioned decisions she's made. BUT, I feel like I trust my RE and she knows what has worked best for her patients--I hope you have the same confidence. We will "try" on our own (like that's going to work) but try to think of it as a time to get stronger for the next cycle. Good luck!!!
    ***Signature warning******

me: DOR, DH: counts are good

IVF # 1:BCPs then antagonist. Cancelled for poor response
    IVF #2: no BCPs then MDL: 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred at day 2-BFN
    IVF #3 New RE! BCPs then MDL: 8 retrieved, 8 fertilized, 2 transferred day 5-BFN
    IVF #4 October 2013. BCPs then MDL: 8 R, 8F, 2 transferred day 5 in Nov--BFP!! 
    December 2013: Ultrasound shows a single intrauterine pregnancy! 

• We had to take a month off between cycles. Fresh was in June and I had to have one whole cycle on my own before we could set FET date. According to my nurse, he doesn't make all patients do this, but because of my high estrogen during my fresh, he wanted me to take time for things to settle down and for my ovaries to recover from all the drama of the fresh cycle. I'd say, if you really want to go again right away, call and give them your best argument! It can't hurt and maybe they'll let you! Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

•  Our RE also makes us wait a month inbetween cycles. As much as that annoyed me too, looking back it was honestly helpful to have a little break from the meds and stress. I felt more "energized" going into the next cycle if that makes sense. I know it's hard though. Good luck!

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
  • We are taking a month off between our two fresh cycles, my RE recommended taking a month or two off and I doubt that we could have made the September cycle anyway since my clinic does batch cycling.

While DH was ready to cycle again ASAP, I really wanted a month off with no fertility meds.  

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Hang in there! I know how frustrating it gets when things get pushed off..You're right, we're not getting any younger!
  • Our 'RE allows back to back so long as you pass blood work and ultrasound.  We got our BFN August 15, and will start our 3rd cycle Sept 11.

There is some literature about benefits of back to back cycles out there.
    ****Siggy Warning****

IVF Cycle #1 - 4/06/2013 -3dt of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN 
    IVF Cycle #2 - 7/18/2013- 3dt of 3 embryos.Froze one 3AA 6 Day Blast! - BFN
    IVF Cycle #3 - 9/15/2013 - 3dt of 4 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFP!!!
    10/7 - +HPT - Beta #1 10/10 - 72, Beta#2 10/14 - 518,Harmony 21 @ 12 weeks shows one very healthy little BOY!!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"