Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Early loss, the baby that never was?

I can't help but compare losing this baby to losing my first pregnancy. My first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage, at 11 weeks. It was so horrifically shocking - not so much the fact of it happening, but that I just knew, and I was right. We had told people about the baby already. We had to un-tell people. We had to endure all those well intentioned yet awful comments. "It's better it happened early....at least you don't have a baby with problems...." You know. Awful. All around. I was a wreck. For months.

So when I got pregnant this time, we didn't tell a soul. We didn't plan some big reveal - I kept on saying, "Let's wait until 14 weeks, if we make it that far." We didn't do anything really but consider a few names. I didn't let myself get excited. And again, I just felt like it wasn't going to happen. I didn't make the call for a doctor's appointment right away, I waited until the last days of week 4. I watched for spotting and blood constantly, and continued to take my BBT, just waiting for that drop. And then, bam. There it was. Yep. There's the spotting. Knew it.

When the bleeding started I called my doctor's office, hoping to at least be seen to get a blood test. I didn't have any hope of a good outcome, but I needed this baby to be known. But my doctor was out of town, and they agreed that I didn't really need to be seen. I miscarried painlessly at home and took a test today to make sure my levels had dropped. "Not Pregnant" flashed on the digi almost instantly.

I counted today, I knew I was pregnant for 10 days. It seems like nothing. It seems like it "didn't count." Nobody knew, I never saw a doctor. I only bled for two days. My baby just vanished, like he or she was never even there.

Missed m/c 4.2011 @ 11 weeks
Early m/c 8.2013 @ 5 weeks

Married 2.2009

Re: Early loss, the baby that never was?

• I'm so sorry. The shortness of your pregnancy doesn't make it any easier. The moment you find out you're pregnant, you're a mom. It's hard no matter what. Hang in there.
  • Hug, I was struggling with this today. My pregnancy was much longer 11w2d. But found out there was just a sac.
    The baby only developed enough to allow the sac etc to keep developing for several weeks before my body realized the baby was long gone.
    I had to realize that my baby existed even if only a few days. I was only able to start grieving once I accepted my baby had existed, it wasn't simply an empty sac.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image image image image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry! I experienced an early loss as well and I still long for my baby! It's heart breaking!!! I found this quote on pinterest and it really helped me! I read it almost daily... It seems to fit my circumstance... We had difficulty conceiving, I only knew I was pregnant a day before I miscarried so I feel like most people don't really acknowledge my loss... I honestly feel like everyone that knows brushed it under the rug like it never happened at all. I struggle with this all the time because that was a real baby, I was really pregnant, and it was a real loss no matter how long I was pregnant or how many people knew. Again, I am so sorry!!!
  • I am soooooooooooooooo very sorry for your loss, I just recently suffered my 1st. loss a week and 1 day ago and I still can't believe that it happened and right now I am feeling so alone and my emotions are off the charts.
     Married: June 9, 2011 
    TTC Baby #1: January 2012
    Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    TTC Baby #2: June 2013
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    TTC Baby #3: October 2013
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

• I can relate.  We had a blighted ovum and I torture myself back and forth whether a baby existed or not since only an empty sac showed a the end.  I can't find peace thinking of it one way or the other.  The sadness though is very, very real.

Married DH 9/30/2011 - TTC #1 since 11/2012 

BFP 5/30/2013 EDD 2/8/2014 M/C blighted ovum 7/5/2013 8 weeks 3 days 

BFP 11/16/2013  Beautiful, perfect heartbeat 12/9/2013 EDD 7/31/2014  Please be our rainbow baby!

image              image  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I knew for under 30 days for both pregnancies...and I have had such similar thoughts to what you said. The first time I never saw the baby...but this last time I saw the sac, then baby, then heartbeat. I didn't want to get too excited either after my first loss.   And then gone in a flash. :(   It's just so hard.     It did count, don't tell yourself anything different.   Love to you.  xoxo
    Me:28, DH:30 Married: 07/07/07 TTC Since: March 2011 MFI Me: Possible PAI-1
    April 2012:Varicocele embolization
    IVF #1 July 2012: BFN :( DH- Femara 90 days 
    12/10/2012 Femara helped!
    IVF# 2: Jan 2013 BFP, M/C 6weeks0days
    5 frosties. 
    IVF #3 FET April 2013 BFP, M/C 7 weeks 0 days. 
    3 frosties
  • I lost mine at just shy of 6 weeks. Really only knew I was pregnant for about 12 days before the spotting started. But it was there. It was my surprise baby since we expected IF issues like we had before DS. It was our angel. We nicknamed it so we wouldn't use IT to reefer to the baby. I had dreams it was a girl. 10 days is short but it matters. It's real and it still hurts.

I'm still shattered by it. Less than four weeks out from what would have been my EDD, I've been hurting again over it.

If it helps, talk to someone about it. Not everyone needs to know but close friends who can support you. That makes it real and helps deal with the grief. Yes, you're entitled to that grief - even for 10 days.

((HUGS))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"