June 2013 Moms

SSEMOVSK

SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member
edited August 2013 in June 2013 Moms
I have a Q for you @ssemovsk In this screenshot below, are you saying you opted to not have your child vaccinated but are *thinking* about getting it done in the future? Please tell me this is a joke, or am I misinterpreting it. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

Re: SSEMOVSK

• And frankly June Moms, I'm sad that no one else noticed this! What has happened to this board??

• I didn't see it in that specific thread,but that thread was about vaccinations in general

• Loading the player...
  • WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL.... THIS B IS SERIOUS????????

• I under estimated y'all. My apologies!

• @ssemovsk is klassy all around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Guise, she probably can't be inconvienced to take her baby to the doctor to get shots!

• @ssemovsk please tell me where you and your kids live so I make sure to NEVER bring my baby around them. And honestly, I feel sorry for them.... if they do contract a disease (God forbid) what will your excuse be? "Sorry kid, I just thought it was a smart idea to not prevent you from getting a terrible disease... But don't worry... I gave you Tylenol when you were teething"

• I'm honestly floored that she got off as easy as she did.

• SLaBM2B said:

And frankly June Moms, I'm sad that no one else noticed this! What has happened to this board??

We're all on mobile! I can't see anyone's tickers :(

• And also as I ftm I could be way wrong but isn't it early to be teething full on?

• smpeachey said:

And also as I ftm I could be way wrong but isn't it early to be teething full on?

They can start at three months, I am afraid E is starting. I am trying to convince myself he is not.
    I think closer to six months is much more normal though.
    DS1 didn't get his first tooth until 8 months but we had to bring out the bibs at around 2 months because of all the drooling. Turns out its not teething just their salivary glands kicking in
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Like I said in the post jennshea linked, there was someone who isn't vaccinating for polio because no one gets it anymore. We went back and forth but she didn't get it. I have zero tolerance for non vaxxers. They are a special kind of stupid.

I agree. Stupid to the tenth power

• Ok no wonder ds has been a little more drooly...

• Wonder where she is? Not somewhere being a milk maid I'm sure... That's beneath her.

• That's the same chick @kaleyandjason??? Wow.... I'm surprised she still shows her face in these parts

• OOOO snap image

• smpeachey said:
    And also as I ftm I could be way wrong but isn't it early to be teething full on?
    They can start at three months, I am afraid E is starting. I am trying to convince myself he is not. I think closer to six months is much more normal though.
    DS1 didn't get his first tooth until 8 months but we had to bring out the bibs at around 2 months because of all the drooling. Turns out its not teething just their salivary glands kicking in
    Was he obsessed with chewing on things too? My MIL and Aunt are insisting that he is teething because of drooling, wanting to constantly chew and an increase in fussiness. I don't want to believe them because they keep bugging me to feed him rice cereal too. However I don't have any other explanation, other then he is a baby and that's what they do. He is three and a half months. Sorry to hijack this thread...

hmm...chew? or suck? I don't know that he really started to chew until he was teething. One thing that always made him feel better was rubbing his gums with a wet washcloth. It's breaking through that tough virginal gum that's painful.

As far as the rice cereal recommendation...tell them that it is not recommended that a baby eat "real" food until they can do the moving food from the front to the back of their mouth with their tongue thing (instead of always sticking their tongue out, suddently they start moving it towards the back of their throat) and they should be able to sit up on their own. My FIL last time suggested I burn the hole bigger in the nipple of Bradley's bottle to feed him rice cereal. I. Can't. :)

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• smpeachey said:
    They can start at three months, I am afraid E is starting. I am trying to convince myself he is not. I think closer to six months is much more normal though.
    Was he obsessed with chewing on things too? My MIL and Aunt are insisting that he is teething because of drooling, wanting to constantly chew and an increase in fussiness. I don't want to believe them because they keep bugging me to feed him rice cereal too. However I don't have any other explanation, other then he is a baby and that's what they do. He is three and a half months. Sorry to hijack this thread...
    Not to hijack, but I was completely convinced DS was teething pretty early - I don't remember exactly how old. I went out and bought teethers, teething gel, all that good stuff. He didn't cut his first tooth until 18 months. EIGHTEEN. They just really start to drool around now. DD is drooling a river, but I doubt it has anything to do with teething.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• pkp2pkp2 member
    To play devil's advocate, if your child is vaccinated, then it shouldn't matter if hers is, your child should be protected, right? :-)
  • I commented and argued and told her she was an idiot!!! :) 
  • To play devil's advocate, if your child is vaccinated, then it shouldn't matter if hers is, your child should be protected, right? :-)
    Not true. Just like with the flu shot, a child or person can still get a disease even if they are vaccinated. The chances are lessened by the vaccine and if they do get something, the symptoms are usually more mild. That doesn't mean I want my child to have a lesser version of any of the diseases they vaccinate for though. If everyone vaccinated, then chances of the diseases being present would decrease or even disappear (like with polio, smallpox). 
    @Patrician11  That's definitely not the case. The reason kids get multiple boosters is that it takes time for the immunity to build. Even if a 2 month old is vaccinated against Pertussis, they have not yet received the entire set of boosters, so could definitely still get it. This is why vaccinators are so against nonvaccinators! 
  • kelseypiekelseypie member
    edited August 2013
    kelly422 said:

To play devil's advocate, if your child is vaccinated, then it shouldn't matter if hers is, your child should be protected, right? :-)

Not true. Just like with the flu shot, a child or person can still get a disease even if they are vaccinated. The chances are lessened by the vaccine and if they do get something, the symptoms are usually more mild. That doesn't mean I want my child to have a lesser version of any of the diseases they vaccinate for though. If everyone vaccinated, then chances of the diseases being present would decrease or even disappear (like with polio, smallpox). 

@Patrician11  That's definitely not the case. The reason kids get multiple boosters is that it takes time for the immunity to build. Even if a 2 month old is vaccinated against Pertussis, they have not yet received the entire set of boosters, so could definitely still get it. This is why vaccinators are so against nonvaccinators! 

All this. Wtf? I can't believe this stuff is that hard to grasp.

• flerlgirl said:

Flerl- what did we say about jump roping teeth? You know what we said..

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kelseypie said:
    All this. Wtf? I can't believe this stuff is that hard to grasp.
    Apparently we need to teach Vaccinations 101!
  • CTGirl30 said:

As far as SSMwhatever posts, I ignore now. I can't take anything she says seriously.
    The teething post was the icing on the unvaccinated cake.

Exactly she is obviously trying to stir up shit, I come here for support and to support others in not going to argue with an idiot!

Flerl- what did we say about jump roping teeth? You know what we said..
    YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Woah just saw this. I come on this board to get advice and read about what others LOs do to see if I can relate. I don't come on here to put ppl on blast for decisions they make. I have read several posts that I strongly object to but wouldn't make someone feel like crap about it. And I certainly wouldn't remember their screen name and write a whole topic about it. Grow up ladies- you all have children and I'm sure their maturity levels exceeds yours at this point
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ssemovsk said:

Woah just saw this. I come on this board to get advice and read about what others LOs do to see if I can relate. I don't come on here to put ppl on blast for decisions they make. I have read several posts that I strongly object to but wouldn't make someone feel like crap about it. And I certainly wouldn't remember their screen name and write a whole topic about it. Grow up ladies- you all have children and I'm sure their maturity levels exceeds yours at this point

Quick get the butthurt bingo cards out! Do you feel sorry for my husband too?!

• ^ Exactly. Most moms DGAF what parenting choices you make for your child, but when your idiotic choices could get my child sick, you get flamed!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • flerlgirl said:

ssemovsk said:

Woah just saw this. I come on this board to get advice and read about what others LOs do to see if I can relate. I don't come on here to put ppl on blast for decisions they make. I have read several posts that I strongly object to but wouldn't make someone feel like crap about it. And I certainly wouldn't remember their screen name and write a whole topic about it. Grow up ladies- you all have children and I'm sure their maturity levels exceeds yours at this point

I would so much rather embarrass you than let you think not vaccinating your kid is okay. My (very mature) son can't have all of his shots on time because he has special circumstances, so when I hear people say they just don't want to get the shots, I get all sorts of ragey. If my kid gets sick, he goes to the hospital automatically. If that happens because someone is too lazy to vax their kid, I will no longer be responsible for my actions. 

Agreed. While colt doesn't have special circumstances, when I got the call from the pedi saying we needed to treat him for pertussis I freaked out. He was one week a way from getting his shots, I had gotten my TDaP but we just happened to be in the waiting room with a child who hadn't been vaccinated and was contagious with pertussis. I was so paranoid the whole time and definitely felt rage.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Well said June moms, well said. And just so I can prove I didn't post this to be a total bitch, I truly pray & hope you change your mind about not vaccinated your child. Not just for the sake of all of our kids but for you and your LO. you would be devastated if you baby came down with an illness, so why risk it?
    I'd love to know your reasoning. If you have a legitimate concern or received info that changed your mind, do tell. I'm sure a lot of ppl here can provide you with (more) accurate info for you to make the (correct) educated decision.

• This. Is. Hilarious.

Lol!!!

ssemovsk said:

Lilly is totes more mature than I am at times. I giggled at the word DUTY earlier.
    My hubby and I always burst out laughing when LO has a really loud fart! Haha :P
    We make our toddler say "big clock" all the time because he has trouble with Ls :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"