August 2012 Moms
Options

Hyperemesis Gravidarum in Every Pregnancy?

hsilvermhsilverm member
edited August 2013 in August 2012 Moms
Any moms on here have Hyperemesis with one pregnancy and not the next? My husband and I would love to have another baby soon, so they can be close in age but I am absolutely terrified of getting it again and not being able to care for Logan. I hear "all pregnancies are different" but then I hear "if you had it once you are very likely to experience it again". I had it pretty bad with Logan, to the point where I couldn't work for the first 20 weeks because I couldn't get out of bed and had to have my grandparents take care of me while my husband was at work because I was so weak. I also had to take Zofran the entire pregnancy, which didn't really help. Just made the vomiting go down from 10xs a day to 4-5xs a day. Was hoping someone on here had a positive second experience. :)

Re: Hyperemesis Gravidarum in Every Pregnancy?

• Options
    jodegaardjodegaard member
    edited August 2013
    My mom had it with her first, but not with any subsequent pregnancies. I didn't have HG, but my all-the-time sickness lasted more than half the pregnancy and even I'm not liking the prospect of doing that with a toddler. Good luck with whatever you decide!
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hsilvermhsilverm member
    edited August 2013
    jodegaard said:
    My mom had it with her first, but not with any subsequent pregnancies. I didn't have HG, but my all-the-time sickness lasted more than half the pregnancy and even I'm not liking the prospect of doing that with a toddler. Good luck with whatever you decide!
    Thanks for the feedback! That's good to hear there is hope lol. Good luck to you as well, if you have another! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh. I hate to say this, but I had HG with my first and ended up having it again (and honestly, a little worse) with DS. It was nightmarish, but we survived. I used to lock DD in the bathroom with me and a butt load of toys. If worse came to worse, I let her unroll as much toilet paper as she wanted to keep her entertained.

I'm terribly sorry that you had to deal with HG. Here's hoping you escape it next time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    klp28 said:

Ugh. I hate to say this, but I had HG with my first and ended up having it again (and honestly, a little worse) with DS. It was nightmarish, but we survived. I used to lock DD in the bathroom with me and a butt load of toys. If worse came to worse, I let her unroll as much toilet paper as she wanted to keep her entertained.

I'm terribly sorry that you had to deal with HG. Here's hoping you escape it next time!

Wow, that must have been tough on you! That shows you what a strong women you are to have overcome HG with 2 healthy children. I hope I can be as strong, if it happens again. The thought of changing poopy diapers with HG is a horrible thought. I remember vomiting just from the smell of an air freshener. Uhhh maybe I will wait a bit :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"