May 2013 Moms
Options

Mom haircuts

I've been trying to grow my hair long for years. However, now I barely have time to shower let alone blow dry and straighten. So I'm on my way to chop it off. Every time I do I always regret it, but I'm tired of looking like I rolled out of bed all the time and C getting his fingers stuck in it. It'll grow back, right?

Re: Mom haircuts

• Options
    I've been debating weather or not to do this, it's just that I have spent so long growing it out. I have been putting it up in a bun when I'm home and that seems to help me. Oh and to answer your question, yes it will grow back out. You could always cut a little off and if you like it then you could cut more off and just work your way up to it.
  • Options
    I have this same debate every time I shower.  My hair is long and I never dry or straighten it anymore.  It's just throw into a bun and never dries.  But I look like I'm 12 when my hair is short, I at least look 16 when it's in a bun.   :P

Good luck with your decision!  Pics if you do decide to get it cut?  
    ***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I cut mine and feel so much better! I got an inverted bob so it is very easy to maintain!
  • Options
    Looks awesome! I need to get mine cut soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    beaubecca said:

OK @trademama I'm going to admit that I totally expected you to look older since you're preg with your 4th. You're an inspiration!

When I was younger it really bothered me when people told me how young I looked but not anymore!!

• Options
    I LOVE your new hair!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love it! You look great!
  • Options
    My hair's so much harder to do when its short - at least when it's long, I can throw it in a ponytail! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @trademama - it looks great! I think you look younger with it shorter :) Now you're inspiring me to chop mine off!

P.S.  I would in no way whatsoever call that a "mom" haircut!  
  • Options
    @trademama - looks great!!  I think it's chic - not "mom-ish" at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    Hopefully C can't reach it now to pull out clumps!
  • Options
    My hair was down the middle of my back. Jut cut a shoulder length bob. So much easier.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    I have had a pixie for nearly three years (cut 14in off when my friend daughter needed the hair - can you believe the hoops you have to jump through to get a kid with cancer a wig?!). I decided at the end of my pregnancy to grow it out and now its a chin length bob (and I can finally wear a pony again!). I'm happy with it. And hair always grows back...
  • Options
    Love it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Looks great!  I so wish I could have cute short hair like that. 
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    i chopped mine off a month after S was born. I got so tired of always having to pull it back into a ponytail whenever I was feeding her, burping her, carrying her, etc etc. haven't regretted it since!
  • Options
    I totally want mine cut! I am so tired of the permanent ponytail. Plus my hair is so thin from all the pp loss... it will look so much better short! Problem is... the only place I trust AND can afford is the city hair academy. But it's 20 mins away and takes 2 hours for the cut, which was really relaxing pre-baby, but now I don't have the time! Especially since LO is still refusing the Bottle. :-( :-(
  • Options
    My hair is the longest it's ever been (about the middle of my back) and I want to get about 5 inches off so badly.

My DH loves my hair long and begs me not to cut it. Sigh. He isn't the one that has to take care of it (or not take care of it in my case lol) so I should probably just do what I want.

Your hair looks great btw!
  • Options
    Personally I find longer hair easier with a baby. Unless you have a certain hair type, most short hair must be styled. I only wash my hair twice a week and it looks good if I just use a little day shampoo and brush out the curls from the previous day. It also is easy to pull into a topknot. Having said that, your hair looks great. Shorter hair is definitely more work though IMO!
  • Options
    I like the idea of long hair, but my hair is super fine and when it gets long it gets big... So I end up with triangle head.
  • Options
    I love your new hair cut!!! It looks amazing @trademama :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"