August 2013 Moms

PP Belly

So dummy me decides to google pp belly images. And I'm kinda freakin myself out with some of them! Just as I got pregnant, I was at the point of actually having definition of a 6 pack on my stomach. I'd love to get back to that, and I'm hoping it will be possible! I'm still waiting for my LO to arrive, but I know some of you are getting close to 6 weeks or beyond so I'm curious as to how (if at all!) exercise is able to be fit in your new crazy schedule!!

Re: PP Belly

• I'm just walking with LO for now.y fr said no exercise for 6-8 weeks, so Ill ask at my 6 week appt if I'm all clear or not. I like to do strength training cardio, if possible.

I've been using a belly bandit this week, but it scrunches and bunches on me. I'm thinking I might just get a corset (waist only) instead.

My tummy is pretty much flat now, but my waist hasn't fully returned and it just feels loose. Also still have linea negra. I'm 5 weeks pp.

• I'm 4 weeks pp. I walk with Lo most days if its not raining, if it is we run errands. I am still up 17 lbs which is depressing. My belly is definitely getting smaller though.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• Loading the player...
  • I would suggest a binder as well. I'm 8 days pp and am noticing a big difference
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • I'm 12 days PP, and have been sitting on my ass breastfeeding most days. I'm already smaller than I was pre conception. Of course, I only gained 15 lbs during my pregnancy, so that does have something to do with it.
    ETA: I guess I do go up and down the stairs to do laundry..which I HAVE to do every other day because we CD...so there's that..

• I go for walks with LO once or twice a day depending on weather.  Once I'm cleared to workout at my 6 week PP visit I'm thinking of doing Insanity since it is something I can do at home with LO nearby.  When the month is up and LO is on a more consistent schedule I wouldn't mind going to the gym again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Im 4 weeks pp and have just done walks. I had tried doing a bit more workout wise and ended up restarting bleeding a bit. Much rather heal, and later work on toning then rush it. Plus i've heard that it's better to wait until your muscles are back in the right place, or else you can end up with lower belly pooch forever. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• It really depends on your genetics and how big and fast your belly grows. With my first pregnancy I lost all of the weight no problem, but ended up with terrible stretch marks and so much extra skin that I will never have a fat tummy again (without surgery). I did have a large baby and extra amniotic fluid, which cause damage to my stomach muscles, so my case is def not the norm. I'm going on 5 weeks PP this time around and have been making it to the gym regularly. I am a runner by nature, but have been doing brisk walks on an inclined treadmill until I get cleared for exercise by my MW. I still have 17lbs to go, but considering I gained 50+ this pregnancy, that's not too bad!

• I haven't started exercising yet but at almost 3 weeks pp I'm 4 lb away from my prepregnancy weight, think the 4 lbs is my milk filled boobs, and my stomach is almost back to normal a small pooch that I'm sure once I start working out will be right back to normal. I do however always have my stomach flexed which is just a habit I've always done forever so don't know if that counts as exercise or has helped in getting my stomach tighter already
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm only 1 week PP, and my stomach has gone down a lot. It's still quite soft, and it isn't quite flat yet, but it's getting there. I haven't done any walks just yet because we've had a serious heat wave since we got home from the hospital - over 100 degrees every day. The temperature is supposed to be more reasonable next week, so hopefully we can take walks next week. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• @coraggiosa, hasn't it just been miserable? I would love to be outside, but it's so gross!

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    wherever you are."
  • tarapike86tarapike86 member
    edited August 2013
    I have always had a little extra below my belly button so I don't expect that to go away. It is slowly returning to normal. I also have the habit of flexing my tummy while walking around and even while nursing
    Tara
  • @Jill9288 YES! It's terrible! I am so grateful for A/C. Poor DH has been doing all of the errands and he is always coming in covered in sweat because it's so gross outside. I am really looking forward to the forecasted mid-80s temps next week. 

By the way, where did you give birth? I saw your post on the ice-filled diapers and wanted to ask, but I had my hands a little full :) I was at MoBap and they had those little packs of awesomeness as well. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 

• Same as you! Weren't those amazing? I'm still having some issues w/ my stitches because I keep forgetting not to sit Indian-style, so I've been making them at home.

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    wherever you are."
  • 12 days PP and I am only down 16 lbs. Doc says no exercise till 6weeks. Belly is loose and stretch marked :(( but I plan on getting back into my running and yoga once I am cleared. It's killing me. I gained 50lbs during pregnancy and currently I am at the highest weight I was prior to pregnancy. I have 34lbs to loose to make me happy. I plan on starting to wear a belly band once I hit 14 days PP. When I do more then light house work and relaxing bleeding increases so I don't want to temp fate.
  • Jill9288 said:
    Same as you! Weren't those amazing? I'm still having some issues w/ my stitches because I keep forgetting not to sit Indian-style, so I've been making them at home.
    They were awesome. My doula actually gave me a bunch of herbs to brew and then pour into pads and freeze. That's really helped down there. Didn't you just love the nurses there? Every single one of them was nothing short of amazing. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 

• My PP belly is a hot mess. Loose, flabby and tons of stretch marks. By this time PP with DD I was already back in my normal clothes and was under my starting weight. Not going to be that easy this time!

OB said no exercise until my 6 week PP appt. I'm trying to get out for walks when I have time. When I get the OK I will start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • I'm only 8 days pp and I've been surprised at how my stomach has gotten flatter. It's nowhere near what I was pre- preg but I was worried I would be bloated for longer. I had a c-section so I'm not exercising or even walking yet
    image image
  • If you had a toned belly before, you will probably get it back if you work at it. I'm just 4 weeks pp, and while my belly has gone down considerably, I haven't gotten the ok to work out yet so I'm not stressing it. Last time, I did the 30 day shred and it worked wonders.. I got my abs back and weighed even less than before. Just be patient. :)
  • I found a Barre class not far from home that I'm really excited to try out after I get the all clear. It's a mix of ballet, yoga, and pilates, so it should help A LOT with toning.

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    wherever you are."
  • zulily has support bands and wraps on sale today!
    Pic Monkey Collage 1

baby development baby development
  • I still have an inside baby, and I think I'm more scared at what my belly and body is going to look like PP than actually giving birth.

I'm hoping the weather stays nice so I can go for walks. Once I get the green light to work out I'll probably just do my prenatal dance and strength workouts, just to ease back into working out and not over do it. After a week or two of that I'll jump into the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I might ad one of her ab workout dvds if my abs are really scary PP!

For anyone that's considering on what workouts to try, I was doing the 30 day shred before I got pregnant, and I LOVED the results. I saw a noticable difference in my stamina and body after only one week. Hopefully I'll have some good results this time around. One of my favorite things about the workout is that it's only 25-30mins long, and you really do get a total body workout. It's great for anyone with a tight schedule, which as moms with a newborn, I'm sure most of us are in the same boat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 10781078 member
    I think if you are in excellent shape and didn't gain a lot that you will bounce right back. I am 2 weeks pp and I am 6lbs away from my start weight. I gained a total of 29.5 lbs during my pregnancy. I.cant wait to get back in the gym to tone up!
  • Does anyone know if it takes longer for the belly to shrink back after having a c section?

• In hate being ex-pg fat. HATE. This time, w twins and a c/s, it's just been awful.

I gained about 40lbs w my first. It took a while to lose, but I wasn't trying very hard. It wasn't until we partially weaned at 13mo did I feel comfortable in my body again.

I gained 60lbs w the twins. I easily looked 5 mo pregnant for at least 2 weeks. Awful. The c/s bloating was out of control. It's been slowly going down since then and I can almost fit into my fat pants at 2 months pp. I have about 10lbs to go.

I started running at 6w pp and am doing about 3 miles 3-4x per week abd slowly increasing distabce. I used to run half marathons, so I'm slowly getting back into it. It feels so good to e active again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"