August 2012 Moms

WDW with a toddler?

Any Walt Disney World pros in here? 

Trying to convince DH that we should spend a day at WDW when we go to Florida in November.  I already have a ticket so it would only be him that would need to buy one. 

What rides can I bring Nico on?  We'll be going with my parents as well so we can do the rider swap. 

I just think he would love walking around and seeing the character, he likes to see the characters when we go to events in town.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WDW with a toddler?

• There are a lot of rides to go on. Especially at Magic Kingdom. Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, everything in Fantasyland, Pirates... you can go to the Laugh Floor, see the shows and parades.

Epcot has a lot of rides, and things to see as well.

Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studiod have the least, but still jave some things.
  • I am a huge Disney World fan! I have been there many times but never with my little guy. We are actually planning a trip in a few months and are taking him to Magic Kingdom. That is the best park for little ones because they have the most characters/baby rides. Also, you should totally eat at the character brunches on site. This way you don't have to chase them down in the park and they are all around you as you eat. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Character meals are pretty fun. Just make sure you make a reservation... soon! Lol. You won't believe how many angry guests we have at my job because they want to walk up, and grab a table at the buffet. (I work at a place right next to a character buffet.)
  • There are a lot of rides to go on. Especially at Magic Kingdom. Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, everything in Fantasyland, Pirates... you can go to the Laugh Floor, see the shows and parades. Epcot has a lot of rides, and things to see as well. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studiod have the least, but still jave some things.

Awesome!  Thanks so much!  I've been to Disney twice (once as a child and about 6 years ago) but definitely not with an infant so didn't actively have to think about it.  We were only thinking Magic Kingdom but it's hard to find online what I can do with my 1 year old.  I was thinking for sure things like It's a Small World and maybe Haunted Mansion and Pirates but not sure if those would be too frightening for him.
  • Character meals are pretty fun. Just make sure you make a reservation... soon! Lol. You won't believe how many angry guests we have at my job because they want to walk up, and grab a table at the buffet. (I work at a place right next to a character buffet.)

I thought everyone knew you have to reserve far in advance. We couldn't get a table at Chef Mickeys 3 months out for an early Nov. trip in 2011.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • I am a huge Disney World fan! I have been there many times but never with my little guy. We are actually planning a trip in a few months and are taking him to Magic Kingdom. That is the best park for little ones because they have the most characters/baby rides. Also, you should totally eat at the character brunches on site. This way you don't have to chase them down in the park and they are all around you as you eat. :)

I thought about Character meals but we'll bring him back when he's older and book them then.  I'm just going for a day so I don't want to spend too much time on dining because he still has to go down for a nap.
  • I don't think Haunted Mansion and pirates would be too scary for a 1 year old. They're too little to even understand.
    When in doubt always vote yes for Disney!!! I think you should go!
    We went to Busch Gardens in VA this spring and DD2 loved it. She didn't do anything but loved looking at all the stuff. At Disney your LO will be able to do lots of stuff.
    Winnie the Pooh and PeterPan are musts!
    My DH and I always have a rough Disney withdrawal in the fall. We honeymooned there in October 2004. All of our trips are in the fall.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • I don't think it'd be too scary. I know my nephew wasn't afraid of rides until maybe 4 years old. J does well on pretty much everything.
  • OK I am now SUPER PUMPED!!!

Thanks so much ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"