May 2013 Moms
Options

BTDT Moms...

Please tell me that this saggy, silly putty, deflated balloon belly goes away. lol It's so weird! I mean, when I look at how far it stretched, I get it, but it's annoying. :)
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BTDT Moms...

• Options
    No, sorry.
  • Options
    Dammit! lol ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even when I lost all the weight and my muscles were flat, the extra skin is still there and gross.
  • Options
    Yes it goes away. I lost mine roughly 9 months PP. It took a lot of hard work and mixing up my workout routine but it eventually became flat without the extra skin flap.
  • Options
    Ugh I know what you mean!! I am 2 lbs UNDER my pre pregnancy weight but my tummy is so gross. I hate it!
    me too! :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine went away.. It took some time but it eventually went back to pre preg. Size. It seems to be taking a little longer this time after DD2 but I have been bad and not exercising :(
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    TradeMama said:

Even when I lost all the weight and my muscles were flat, the extra skin is still there and gross.

Not true as a blanket statement. Mine went back to normal after my first, and I'm on my way back, again, after this one.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, good to know. I know that things will tighten up and get smaller with diet and exercise but the skin always freaks me out and I can't imagine it shrinking back.
  • Options
    What about these hips?!  How long until they go back to normal... or do they??
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since we are on the belly topic does anyone still have the line that goes down your stomach? Mine hasn't fully faded yet, am I alone?
  • Options
    cromie713 said:
    Yes it goes away. I lost mine roughly 9 months PP. It took a lot of hard work and mixing up my workout routine but it eventually became flat without the extra skin flap.
    Yep same here. I was about 8 months pp when I felt like I looked like myself again... But then I got pregnant with DS2 lol

That's what I'm afraid will happen with me. lol @miraclemarie, yes it's still there.
  • Options

Since we are on the belly topic does anyone still have the line that goes down your stomach? Mine hasn't fully faded yet, am I alone?

Nope, still got mine.
  • Options
    Trish625 said:

Nope, still got mine.
    Me too. Mine showed up after I delivered J.
  • Options

Trish625 said:

Nope, still got mine.
    Me too. Mine showed up after I delivered J.
    Still have mine too it's called linea nigra. With DD1 it took a good 6 months for it to fade. With this preg it wasn't as bad maybe bc my stomach had already been stretched? It's still there but very light
  • Options
    ksmama13 said:

I can't say this for everyone but my body went back to normal size including my hips. I guess it also depends on your age and genetics .
  • Options
    ksmama13 said:

It took almost 6 months for my hips to shrink after DS1. Even now, after DS2, my pre-pregnancy pants still fit really uncomfortable, even though I wear the same size pant size as before. I chalk it up to them being 3-5 years old.

• Options
    I still have my linea nigra as well. And the extra skin.

• Options
    My body is different than pre preg, but aside from the weight I still need to lose, not worse.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options

Just like most things, it's different for everyone. I'm 3 months PP and fit into most of my old jeans/pre-preg clothes. I still have extra tummy, butt, and thighs, but they're shrinking daily. 

(I can't comment on weight because I stopped looking at the scale at 25 weeks, and haven't looked at it since). 
    I wish I had extra butt. My butt is absolutely flat now. Straight as a board from my shoulders to my thighs. WTH.
  • Options
    Schell2013Schell2013 member
    edited September 2013
    I had a c sec and I don't get why my pants don't fit that nice, I should weight wise I am less than before but my jeans don't fit work a crap! :( ugh and the extra skin is nasty when I run I can feel it wiggling around, we go on a tropical holiday in April and I am determined to wear a bikini and look good in it too!

Eta I figure my hips shouldn't be wide I didn't even go into labor but I guess thanks to the hormones they are still wider. I am trying to decide if I should just break down and buy new jeans or if they are gonna shrink up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Took forever for my hips to go back to normal! But I was in the best shape of my life after DS1 and was wearing a bikini on the beach when he was 11 months old. Hoping to get back there sooner this time though!

You'll get there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"