Stay at Home Moms

Georgia coast vacation?

(Lurker here...) Wondering if any of you ladies are familiar with the Georgia coast? We're looking at vacationing there in January. We'd like to stay at a place right on the shore. I've been looking into Jekyll Island, but am wondering if there are any recommendations? Do any of these areas basically shut down during the off-season? Thanks for any insight you can give!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Georgia coast vacation?

• I've been to Sea Island. It was really nice, a lot of it was pretty fancy actually. I imagine it would be fairly cold in the winter, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I too have been to Sea island but the winter at a beach probably won't be much fun too cold.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input. We know it will be cold then- but probably almost 50* warmer than home in WI during January! So here's the back story- a few weeks after DS turned 1, we took him to Myrtle Beach and saw the ocean, play in the sand a little... it was March, so we were still wearing sweatshirts. We didn't swim, just waded and played a bit- but watched the ocean a lot from our hotel room, took walks on the piers, tried new restaurants, etc. 

So DD turns 1 this winter, and we'd like to do the same with her. DH and I are keeping a list of all the states we visit together, so we want to go somewhere new (not back to SC), and we're sure we'll go to Disney at some point, so not wanting to do FL for this vacation (plus it's a longer drive...)

I will look into Sea Island though. I came across Tybee Island as well- any experiences there?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What about Gulf Shores, AL?

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • My mom used to live in St. Simon's Island and it's gorgeous there! It was definitely warmer in winter than NJ, so dipping feet and such will work nicely. I loved St Simon's and hope to visit there again someday.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"