Breastfeeding

Older LO's and night time feedings....

Mommys of older lo's, how often does you LO wake up for night time feedings? We co-sleep....not what I had planned...but we do. LO wakes up gernerally around 1 am and then again at 5am to eat. He will eat for about 10-20mins each time. Even when he sleeps in his crib he will wake up and demand boobie. He eats great at dinner and have to wonder if waking up is a habit or really hunger. Im told my DH didnt sleep throught the night solid until after age 2. Looks like lo is following that also. My dd slept throught the night NO problem. So this is just getting a little  old. any advise would is welcome!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage

Re: Older LO's and night time feedings....

• I night weaned at 18 months because he had regressed to the point that he was waking every 1-2 hours and I didn't want to do that any more. It took about 4 nights, and then he got used to it and ate more by day (mostly solids).

I tried to night wean at 8 months and it was an epic fail.

Some kids will naturally grow out of it. Some need some encouragement. Look up Dr. Jay Gordon's night weaning advice. He advises waiting until the baby is at least 1 year old, though - not sure how old your LO is.
  • Thank you everyone! my lo is 19 months! I will look in that! Thank you

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"