Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My intro (long)

I've been lurking this board for just over a week now. I am joining from the march 2014 board. I was 11 weeks pregnant and I hadn't seen my doctor for my first appt yet so as far as I knew everything was fine. I was getting close to the "safe zone" of 12 weeks so my husband and I thought it would be safe to start sharing the news with our best friends and family. It's my first pregnancy and we conceived first try. My husband and I were thrilled.
Last Tuesday I started spotting. I didn't spot or have any cramps the entire pregnancy so when I saw this I basically freaked and went right to the emergency. The doctor tried to find the heartbeat with a doppler but couldn't find it. He told me prior to doing it not to worry too much if he couldn't find it because it was still early. I started to worry (even though they said not to) I know my body so well and the day before I actually started to feel like something was off. Not my usual pregnant self. Unfortunately, there was no one in to do an ultrasound so I had to wait until the next morning.
I went in the next morning to be told that our baby stopped growing at 7 weeks and there was no heart beat. The doctor I saw was fantastic. She was informative and sympathetic. She made sure we knew it was nothing I had done and that this happens to 1 in 4 woman in early pregnancy. That statistic shocked me! We decided to do the Misoprostol instead of the D&C. I can only describe this past week as a roller coaster of physical and emotional ups and downs. I went for my follow up ultrasound and I thought things would be clear because my bleeding seemed to have gotten lighter and I did pass quite a bit on the Saturday. Unfortunately, the doctor says there's still more and I will most likely need a D&C. I'm going to try a second round of the medication and see if that works. I will be seeing her again in a couple days to see what's next.
I wish I was stronger for my husband because he has been amazing to me. We had our 2nd wedding anniversary the same week this happened and we tried to make the best of it. I'm happy with myself if I wake up without crying. I was hesitant to write because I don't normally write on forums on the Internet but seeing some similar stories and experiences and seeing how supportive you ladies are I thought I would give it a shot. I'm dreading calling the pharmacy today to fill my second prescription of miso because I'm remembering the physical pain I went through the first time around and now knowing it didn't work properly. I'm in for a painful long weekend.

~EDD 03/10/14 ~ MMC 08/20/13 ~
     (discovered @ 11 weeks. Poppy measured 7 weeks)
 ~Married August 27, 2011~

k: My Ovulation Chart

~All Welcome~
TTCAL February siggy challenge: Olympic Fails:

photo a1-daffodil-wallpaper-hd-2.jpg

Re: My intro (long)

• I'm so sorry for your loss! My first ultrasound was scheduled for when I was 9 weeks on 8/27, I never made it.I had a natural MC at home on 8/19, I am positive my baby passed at about 5 weeks when all of my symptoms went away. Be good to yourself, allow plenty of time to grieve and come here often, this board helps me so much! Thoughts and prayers headed your way

• Thank you :) I think we know our bodies better than we think. When my symptoms were fading I told myself it was because I was closer to 2nd trimester and that was normal but something deep inside was saying something different. I find comfort on this board because We all understand each others feelings and what we've all been experiencing.

~All Welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • I"m so sorry for you loss and am sending thoughts and prayers to you. 
    Married: 9-25-09
    BFP #1: 8-24-11 MMC: 8 weeks 6 days D&C
    BFP #2: 12-9-11 Beautiful DD Born: 8-19-12
    BFP #3: 8-22-13 Chemical Pregnancy: 4 weeks
    BFP #4: 1-1-14 Praying Daily for H&H 9 Months
    ~Always Remembering our Angel Babies~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss, as for being stronger for your husband, you don't need to be stronger you just need to get through this together. My DH and I made a promise, once we got home from finding out our baby died. That we would never hide our feelings from each other, together we would walk through this

As moms we will process things differently from our DH that's just the is. Don't be hard on yourself its hard enough already. Hang in there, I am so very very sorry.
    BFP #1 7/25/13. MMC 8/26/13 8 weeks 5days Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP #2 11/5/13 chemical pregnancy 11/9/13 BFP #3 12/28/13 "Our HOPE baby"
  • I'm sorry for your losses as well. It's hard that we have to be on this board posting.
    My thoughts and prayers are with all of you

~All Welcome~

• So sorry to hear what you're goin through. I think it's so scary that it happens at so many different times for each of us. I am very surprised to hear that it happens to so many of us and it makes me feel worse for the women that have might have gone through it but don't talk about it. I knew getting pregnant is a miracle in itself but then to realize how much some women have gone through before their healthy baby is born just blows my mind. I'm praying for all of us to heal and find peace in our lives during this very difficult time.i never realized it could b this difficult for so many people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"