Late Term and Child Loss

Friend's pregnant

Hi Ladies. So, it happened. My first pregnancy announcement post loss. I knew it would be hard. I had a bunch of friends pregnant when I was, and all babies except mine were of course delivered healthy between March-May. Only one left, who is due right now. It's been very difficult. Then, my Mom just called and said my childhood friend emailed her to tell her she was pregnant, and was worried about me. She wanted advice on how to tell me, and Mom decided it would be better if she told me. My friend was super supportive, and thought of me. That was heart warming, but it's still hard. I emailed her and it was a good conversation. Making it extra hard, she is due March 8th, and Ana's bday is March 2nd. It is her first child, and Ana was mine. So this is hard. We are coming up on 6 months on Monday and it has just been a really hard few days. Making it worse, today was CD 1. We're trying to conceive and my body is all messed up cause of PCOS. I just had a 62 day cycle. I have a lot going on and really, really miss my baby girl.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

Re: Friend's pregnant

• **SIGGY**

I'm so sorry you've had such a tough day. I know it's so hard to deal with pregnancy/newborn announcements, especially those from friends or people you know who are due around the time of Ana's birthday [or both, in this case]. I don't think the sting ever goes away; even now, when I hear of new babies or pregnancies, my heart still drops for a second. That reaction may never go away for me.

I wish you had better news regarding TTC - a 62-day cycle is crazy. Will you see a doctor soon to try and regulate things?

Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way tonight.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And please don't feel like you have to answer the TTC question - sorry for being nosy. I've watched friends go through PCOS and TTC issues, and it sucks so bad.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So many (((hugs))). I haven't had any close friends announce a pregnancy since our loss, just the FB announcements. I am keeping my FX this will be your cycle.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Oh hun. I am so very sorry you're dealing with so much. It was very gracious of you to be supportive for your friend. It it helps, my good friend who was due 3 weeks after me had her baby in July, and I just saw my friend for the first time since she left work for maternity leave. She talked about her daughter and it almost killed me listening to her. Like you, I am the only one of all the women pregnant at the same time as me who doesn't have a baby now. The Bump gives me comfort because I know I'm not alone, but I don't know a single person IRL who is in the same situation we are. It's one FB announcement after another, and then before I blink, that baby is born. Ugh. It sucks SO badly. We are also TTC another baby (I'm sure you know from the TTCAL board). So I completely understand your desperation for conceiving. I am so sorry you're dealing with physical issues on top of everything else. Just know that I am thinking about you and I am sending so many hugs and positive thoughts your way!

Ava's Story

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

• It is so hard. I agree, I think even after having rainbow babies there will still be a sting when we here that others are expecting. Take care of yourself.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Ticker warning

I'm so sorry you're hurting.  Pregnancy announcement are so hard, especially when they land near significant dates like angelversaries. 

I'm sorry about the PCOS, I have it too and before I got pregnant with my angel, I hadn't ovulated for an entire year (since my first loss).  It's all so unfair, but I've got my FX for you so hard that your rainbow is just around the corner. 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Thanks ladies. It is hard. (((hugs for everyone)))

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• I so get what you are saying. I am at 17 months post loss (with one miscarriage in there) and I am still not pregnant. I hold my breath every day waiting to hear if one of the people that had their baby last year is pregnant again. I just feel like everyone is getting KU and here I am, waiting. It sucks. You are not alone.

((HUGS))

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• I so get what you are saying. I am at 17 months post loss (with one miscarriage in there) and I am still not pregnant. I hold my breath every day waiting to hear if one of the people that had their baby last year is pregnant again. I just feel like everyone is getting KU and here I am, waiting. It sucks. You are not alone.

((HUGS))
    Yes! I do the same thing.  I went to see a friend for the first time in months, and I was so afraid she was going to be hugely pregnant or tell me she was pregnant again.  She wasn't.  It's not that I wouldn't be happy for her, but I think inside I would be soo sad for me.  

It's still hard for me hearing people are pregnant again. 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • I'm so sorry you're hurting...extra hugs to you.  What a true testament to your friend for seeking advice on how to tell you - I wish more would be like that.

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dixon813 said:
    I'm so sorry you're hurting...extra hugs to you.  What a true testament to your friend for seeking advice on how to tell you - I wish more would be like that.

Me too. It was really touching.

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board