April 2013 Moms

C Diff

Anyone have experience with c diff & their LO?

Re: C Diff

• Like serious diagnosed c diff? You need to go to the hospital and get treatment.... They recently discussed it in my CPR class and it sounds horrible and dangerous for small children & the elderly.
    Hope everything is okay
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Cdiff is no good. My dad had this after a whipple surgery during chemo treatments. Apparently it is very painful. My bosses nephew also had this as an infant (about 8 months old) after being on antibiotics for something. I'm pretty sure he was not hospitalized though. They pushed fluids and put him on medicine. They found out because he was passing large blood clots in his stool. :(
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • you need to seek treatment ASAP, its highly contagious and difficult to treat. And babies dehydrate super fast. Hope everything is ok!!!
  • nahwnahw member
    Thanks for that reply Grace, I was hoping someone would know that info! Everyone needs to stop freaking out!

My LO is 4 months and was testing for a stool culture & C diff at a GI appt. We were there because my son has been having problems with blood in his stool. The c diff came back +. The GI doctor thinks that it is just a C diff flareup, because he has not been on antibiotics and has not been hospitalized. We originally thought it was a milk protein allergy but my son has no other symptoms, no rash or fussiness. Our GI doctor decided to treat the him with Flagyl because of his symptoms. He has been having smelly poop and what looks to be diarrhea but no other symptoms and he is not fussy. I too did not know that infants are carriers of C diff because of their immature gut.

I was just trying to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.
  • My almost 3 year old has been trying to get rid of c diff for a few weeks now. Its rough. Like Grace said, its hard to actually diagnose in kids under 1 since they can test positive regardless.

What I've been told by several doctors/nurses is to make sure you're seeing a PEDIATRIC gastro, not a gastro that "does kids." Kids are so different and need specially trained doctors.

I hope its not an actual case of c diff. Its a pain in the ass. Literally and figuratively.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• All i KNow about C diff is that my SIL caught it from a kid and was SICK AS HELL and went through like 5 different types of anti-biotics to get rid of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am a nurse and c diff is no joke. I'm honestly really scared I'm going to bring it or something else home to my LO. I actually changed clothes and scrub my hands before I will even touch him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"