February 2013 Moms

Sleep training--harder on baby or mommy?

DH and I had been discussing doing some kind of sleep training for DS, who takes 30 minute naps, thinks 3am is a great time to stay awake for 1.5 hours and wakes up at least 2-3 times a night. DH has been out of town for a few days, so I was on my own with DS, and each night was worse than the last--last night he was up SIX times! I sent DH on his trip with a copy of Baby Whisperer so he could read about her pick up/put down method, and we started tonight. DH is taking charge, thankfully, but I can still hear the drama--it took nearly an hour to get DS to sleep. Lots of crying. I promised I wouldn't intervene and I didn't, but it was hard. Thank goodness he can't cry out for mama yet, I'd probably lose it. My poor, sleep-hating baby.

I like yarn: Learner's Per-knit

Preggo blog: There's No D#$% Stork

Re: Sleep training--harder on baby or mommy?

• Having a similar problem with E.  The kid used to go to sleep with NO problems at 7pm, and sleep straight through the night... hasn't gone down before midnight and hasn't slept for more than an hour in over a week.  I don't know what is going on, either! The only thing that has changed is DH started a different shift at work this week and we all hate it.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"