1st Trimester

Just found out!

Hi everyone, I'm new on here as we just found out I am pregnant on Tuesday. I should be about 5 weeks tomorrow, and our first appointment isn't until Sept. 25th! I know it's normal for them to wait to see you, but it feels so far away! This is my first, and I am so excited, but also nervous to get too excited so early on. Any advice?

Re: Just found out!

• Welcome! too funny there are a couple people on here whose first appt is Sept 25th. Mine included.

My advice is start reading the past threads because chances are a lot of the questions that you have are ones that have been recently asked and answered, when is first U/S, first OBGYN appt etc and secondly have a tough skin, there's a couple of people on here who think they are veterans and forget about how it was when it was their first pregnancy and they didn't have a clue and they are the ones that will try and write comments that can come across rude or childish

Bottom line don't give a sh*t and ignore it, you are pregnant and its an exciting time! enjoy it and relax and post away

• Thanks! And congrats to you as well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • rtv3rtv3 member
    Congrats! 1st visits can vary depending on your risk etc. but I think the norm is 8-10 weeks (correct me somebody if I'm wrong). So if you're 5 weeks tomorrow then a Sept. 25 appt. is perfectly normal. I'm 5 weeks 3 days today and my 1st appt. is Sept. 20 :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Congrats to you too! What symptoms are you both experiencing? I'm pretty bloated, and having some on and off cramps and lower back pain.
  • extremely tired and pretty bloated, sometimes cramps and lower backpain but so far feeling great

• Congrats Mama! My appt is the 25th too! I'm pretty happy i haven't really experienced any symptoms other than being tired. What is your est due date? Mine is 5/7/14.
  • Congrats! Mine is 5/2/2014!
  • Congratulations! 

My advice is to pick up a couple of pregnancy and baby books and start reading. The What to Expect book is ok...there's a lot of common sense stuff in there (like "Maybe you should consider not doing cocaine..."). Spend some time in a book store and take a look at a few. 

I really like the Pregnant Body - it's mostly about the development of the baby, but it has some pretty awesome pictures and is really great about explaining stuff. 

We also got The Baby Owner's Manual. It has a lot of extremely helpful information about newborn care, what to expect after baby is born, stuff like that. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Congrats!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Congrats!!! I just found out too and this is also my first! I'm so excited. I am seeing my doctor next week for a prenatal panel. I'm guessing I'm about five weeks as well but that's just based on my own math. :)
  • I just found out too and my first appt is Sept 26th! I'm so excited! Congrats to you!
  • BRITdCLAUSBRITdCLAUS member
    edited August 2013

Mommy to Maveric Von 10-28-2005
    Wife to John 08-17-2013
    Mommy Round 2 to Baby H as of 08-26-2013 (date of positive test :) )

• Well I don't know what happened to the last time I tried to post... :) First, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you!! I love being able to talk with other mommas who just found out!! When I had my first son, almost 8 years ago, I had none of the resources that are out there now! How exciting to be able to share your experience with people who are at the same stage as you! We had our positive test August 26th, and our first appointment is September 27th! I REALLY can't wait because that is our time line for telling everyone. It is SO HARD not to spill the beans to everyone I know!!! 
    Mommy to Maveric Von 10-28-2005
    Wife to John 08-17-2013
    Mommy Round 2 to Baby H as of 08-26-2013 (date of positive test :) )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"